Excursions for MSC Med Cruises

RavenCruiser

I recently booked a Mediterranean cruise on MSC/YC, (Divina), which will be my first MSC cruise as well as first non-Caribbean cruise.  Previous cruises were on RC/Carnival/NCL.  Cruise is from May 17-24 and the port calls are Mykonos, Santorini (Greece), Izmir Turkey, and Naples.  I checked the MSC site for available excursions and only saw three to five for each port.  All of my prior cruises had a fairly large number of excursion options.  Can I expect that more options will become available or is this something to expect with either MSC or those ports? 

Thanks for your help.

Hello

Depending on the city they can expand that list, but just consider about 3-5 per city.

Nevertheless....

*** Napoli /Naples. It is enough to have three ones: 1- Pompei visit, 2- old city visit and a 3- little ship to some islands.

1- and 3- requires a full day because they aren't at city centre at all. So any extra excursion will be mixing both of them

*** When I visited that island I had three different ones. 1- Visit to the city. 2- Visit to the city AND some caves in the other corner of the island. 3- Visit the small island in the centre AND the city.

I chose the third one and I regret. Best option had been a DIY. Tender, cable to the city, walk and something in a terrace seeing the islands

47 minutes ago, RavenCruiser said:

I recently booked a Mediterranean cruise on MSC/YC, (Divina), which will be my first MSC cruise as well as first non-Caribbean cruise.  Previous cruises were on RC/Carnival/NCL.  Cruise is from May 17-24 and the port calls are Mykonos, Santorini (Greece), Izmir Turkey, and Naples.  I checked the MSC site for available excursions and only saw three to five for each port.  All of my prior cruises had a fairly large number of excursion options.  Can I expect that more options will become available or is this something to expect with either MSC or those ports? 

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

My experience is that Royal *APPEARED* to have lots of different excursions at the ports of call. However if you read the various texts word for word, you would find that you went to all the same sites but in a different order on one excursion compared to another. OK, there was some slight difference in the verbiage but the substance was the same.

Yes/maybe some more excursions may be posted closer to sailing date.

Regards,

Cublet