Random Questions

My husband and I have cruised many times, but we decided to treat ourselves with a nicer cruise for our anniversary.  I just have a bunch of random questions since we have never sailed on Oceania before.  Our cruise is on the Marina in July through Europe if that makes a difference.

1. Do I need to bring my reusable straw?  Other cruise lines are using edible ones, and they are absolutely terrible.

2. We are huge coffee drinkers, so super excited specialty coffee is included, but wondering if they also have iced coffee.  Also if they have sugar free syrups.

3. What is the earliest we can get breakfast?  Our Berlin port has our arrival at 6:00am with our excursion leaving at 6:30.  Would room service be our best option?

4. Is muster on your own or cattle call of the whole ship?

5. Any weird elevators?  Like having to have nuclear launch codes to use.

6. I know the wifi depends on a lot of factors, but has anyone used WhatsApp fairly reliably?  I just want to be able to communicate with my pet sitter.  I have no interest in using my phone otherwise.

7. Oceania has no app from what I've gathered.  Is the TV the only place where you get all info?  

Thanks in advance for all your help.  We can’t wait to give Oceania a try.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, englishteacher702 said:

We are huge coffee drinkers, so super excited specialty coffee is included, but wondering if they also have iced coffee.  Also if they have sugar free syrups.

@englishteacher702 It is a barista and yes it is very special.  Yes on the iced coffee and yes on the Sugar free syrups.

21 minutes ago, englishteacher702 said:

What is the earliest we can get breakfast?  Our Berlin port has our arrival at 6:00am with our excursion leaving at 6:30.  Would room service be our best option?

Oceania_Currents_11132023.pdf

I gave you a Oceania Current which is their daily news letter.  I was on the Riviera which is the sister ship to the Marina.  Check out the dining times.  I would avoid room service for breakfast. Not because it is bad just because it is so much nicer in the Grand Dinning room or other venues.  

24 minutes ago, englishteacher702 said:

Is muster on your own or cattle call of the whole ship?

Quick and painless.

24 minutes ago, englishteacher702 said:

Any weird elevators?  Like having to have nuclear launch codes to use.

No, small ship, 1200 guests.  Much more chill then you are used too.

25 minutes ago, englishteacher702 said:

I know the wifi depends on a lot of factors, but has anyone used WhatsApp fairly reliably?  I just want to be able to communicate with my pet sitter.  I have no interest in using my phone otherwise.

Hit or miss.  I upgraded to the streaming service power.  Your call. 

26 minutes ago, englishteacher702 said:

Oceania has no app from what I've gathered.  Is the TV the only place where you get all info?

For the most part yes.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Here are a few things to think about.  Marina is coming out of her “Remodel/Update” in May so she should be pristine and beautiful, NOTt that she is in bad shape now, she is not.  
July in the Med will be Warm but nothing like your July temperatures. Coffee, ALWAYS visit Baristas up on Deck 14 because that is the BEST on the ship.  Yes the paper straws are 🤬 so bring along your reusable one just in case you need it. FYI, the Guest rooms/bars are under a Coke contract but if you are a Pepsi drinker or want specific soft drinks in your Stateroom, let Oceania know and your Steward/Butler will make sure your refrigerator is properly stocked. 
Room Service is 24/7, just request it before turning in at night. Terrace Cafe will be open at a proper time to allow for early breakfasts and it is shown in the Currents the evening prior to arrival.  Breakfast in the GDR will not be offered for 6:30 a.m. tour times but is a Great place for later tour times or sea days. 
Not knowing your Cell Carrier but if you are on T-Mobile calls are $0.25 a minute in any of your Ports of Call. If you are an iPhone user and your Pet Sitter is also, you can just FaceTime for Free on line and of course see and talk to your pet. Hopefully Starlink is delivering enhanced services for your needs. 
Your Muster needs will be done before you board but you will be asked to stop at your Muster Station to check in and also watch the video again in your room when you get aboard but there is NO Muster Cat Herding Fiasco. 

Gary covered things ahead of my post so just plan to ENJOY your Oceania experience. We have been on Marina many times and the staff and service is Excellent. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

@englishteacher702 It is a barista and yes it is very special.  Yes on the iced coffee and yes on the Sugar free syrups.

Oceania_Currents_11132023.pdf 5.49 MB · 63 downloads

I gave you a Oceania Current which is their daily news letter.  I was on the Riviera which is the sister ship to the Marina.  Check out the dining times.  I would avoid room service for breakfast. Not because it is bad just because it is so much nicer in the Grand Dinning room or other venues.  

Quick and painless.

No, small ship, 1200 guests.  Much more chill then you are used too.

Hit or miss.  I upgraded to the streaming service power.  Your call. 

For the most part yes.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Thank you so much for all your answers and the copy of the Currents.  It cannot get here fast enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:
3 hours ago, englishteacher702 said:

Is muster on your own or cattle call of the whole ship?

Quick and painless.

Except for the annoying TV-lockout until it's shown you the muster video.