On-Line Checkin

Swells1

Yes, I'm that person who books her flights exactly 330 days from the departure date. I book my hotel reservations 365 days in advance. When dining opens up at 45 days, I'm counting the seconds. So...I'm booked for next year, and I'm not able to complete my on-line check-in on the app. Is there a certain time frame, or is it that I'm not PIF? I'd very much like to complete this ASAP to secure the best boarding time. 

TIA!!

On the app, you can skip ahead to the step where you pick your arrival time (it's called "step aboard").  I honestly can't remember if you have to be paid in full or not before you can check in.  I've never really paid attention, I just do it as soon as it becomes accessible in the app.  

• Like 1

It took a while before the step to enter your travel documents was available for our cruise (if that's what's tripping you up).  As someone else mentioned, you can skip ahead to the next steps and just take care of the travel documents later.

• Like 2

I am able to book our arrival time usually as soon as I've booked the cruise.  It didn't need to be paid in full first. YMMV.  That app is funky.  For our upcoming cruise, I entered everything for both of us.  Some months later, I found that it had kicked out my travel partner's info, so I needed to go that again.  There is NO logic to that app.

If it crashes when trying to do your dinner reservations, you can also have your TA book them for you (at midnight thru their portal) of call VV the following morning.  DO remember that a lot more reservations open up at boarding, so you can change times or do whatever after you board.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 1