Sun Princess Signature Benefits and Experiences

I am sooo confused! We are booked on the 9/23/24 Transatlantic. We booked in February of 2024. I am trying to bid for an upgrade and, on the page you use to place the bid, one day the cabin category was "VISTA" and, the very next day, "Vista" was gone and replaced by "Penthouse." Both had the exact same information about the size of the suite and what was included with the suite and stated that occupants had the "Sanctuary Perks" which included access to a private restaurant, private deck, private lounge, along with all the perks of the upgraded $90 Premiere Package (including unlimited Speciality Dining). I could easily be mistaken but I thought all the new Sanctuary benefits did not kick in until October. There was no "small print" stating that these enhancements would only apply to cruises booked that departed after the designated "Sanctuary"-class implementation date in October.

I called the Princess 800 number and spoke to a nice gentleman named Aron. I asked him if someone were to book a "Penthouse Suite" tomorrow on my Sun Princess cruise, would they actually receive all those benefits that I was currently looking at on the screen as I spoke to him? He said, yes they would, with the exception of  the enhanced $90 Premiere package. They would get the Premiere package without Unlimited Speciality Dining and unlimited drinks. Aron said those suite guests could upgrade to the "enhanced" package (my words, not his) if they wanted it. This applies to anyone who booked their cruise after 4/23/24. Again, I am confused as to why the Princess website is already using the "Sanctuary" terminology when the Sanctuary program was announced as beginning in October. 

My bid for upgrade aside, my original concern was: if I upgraded to the $90 Premiere package (with unlimited Speciality Dining included) from my current Premiere package (wherein I received 2 "free" Speciality restaurants), would I be refunded for all the additional Speciality Dining I had already booked and paid for? He told me yes, and that I had two options to get my refund. First, I could go into the app and cancel all the reservations that I worked so hard to book and then try to rebook them after I had upgraded to the enhanced Premiere package. Uh, no. Or, I could wait until I get on the ship and let Customer Service at Reception make the refunds. Can you imagine what the line is going to be like at Reception on embarkation day?!

Sorry for this lengthy post. Reading previous posts from others here, it seems I may not be the only one who is confused by all the recent changes and the lack of explanation or clarification from Princess. I hope the powers-that-be at Princess have truly thought through all these changes and have plans in place on how to manage all the challenges these changes could present both in ship space and crew.

Bottom line, I will have a wonderful Cabana Mini-Suite on Deck 12 along with the enhanced Premiere package. Sounds pretty darn good to me!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JustAddWater7 said:

I am sooo confused! We are booked on the 9/23/24 Transatlantic. We booked in February of 2024. I am trying to bid for an upgrade and, on the page you use to place the bid, one day the cabin category was "VISTA" and, the very next day, "Vista" was gone and replaced by "Penthouse." Both had the exact same information about the size of the suite and what was included with the suite and stated that occupants had the "Sanctuary Perks" which included access to a private restaurant, private deck, private lounge, along with all the perks of the upgraded $90 Premiere Package (including unlimited Speciality Dining). I could easily be mistaken but I thought all the new Sanctuary benefits did not kick in until October. There was no "small print" stating that these enhancements would only apply to cruises booked that departed after the designated "Sanctuary"-class implementation date in October.

I called the Princess 800 number and spoke to a nice gentleman named Aron. I asked him if someone were to book a "Penthouse Suite" tomorrow on my Sun Princess cruise, would they actually receive all those benefits that I was currently looking at on the screen as I spoke to him? He said, yes they would, with the exception of  the enhanced $90 Premiere package. They would get the Premiere package without Unlimited Speciality Dining and unlimited drinks. Aron said those suite guests could upgrade to the "enhanced" package (my words, not his) if they wanted it. This applies to anyone who booked their cruise after 4/23/24. Again, I am confused as to why the Princess website is already using the "Sanctuary" terminology when the Sanctuary program was announced as beginning in October. 

My bid for upgrade aside, my original concern was: if I upgraded to the $90 Premiere package (with unlimited Speciality Dining included) from my current Premiere package (wherein I received 2 "free" Speciality restaurants), would I be refunded for all the additional Speciality Dining I had already booked and paid for? He told me yes, and that I had two options to get my refund. First, I could go into the app and cancel all the reservations that I worked so hard to book and then try to rebook them after I had upgraded to the enhanced Premiere package. Uh, no. Or, I could wait until I get on the ship and let Customer Service at Reception make the refunds. Can you imagine what the line is going to be like at Reception on embarkation day?!

Sorry for this lengthy post. Reading previous posts from others here, it seems I may not be the only one who is confused by all the recent changes and the lack of explanation or clarification from Princess. I hope the powers-that-be at Princess have truly thought through all these changes and have plans in place on how to manage all the challenges these changes could present both in ship space and crew.

Bottom line, I will have a wonderful Cabana Mini-Suite on Deck 12 along with the enhanced Premiere package. Sounds pretty darn good to me!

So did you bid?

On 8/19/2024 at 1:39 PM, ggprincess2004 said:

We booked a suite long ago for our winter 2025 cruise on the Sun. Take a look at your booking on princess.com and see what package they indicate you have. We booked without any package and were automatically upgraded to the Premier when they made all the changes, without any change in our cruise fare.. In reading what our Premier includes, in looks like the "old" Premier, which is defined by 2 specialty dining experiences per cruise. That was the only way I could tell we did not get bumped up to the newer version of Premier. They are making this tough to keep track of. 

I booked without a package.

My booking says the same as yours that I purchased premier.

on chat I asked what it will cost me to upgrade to the new Premier package- answer is $90 pp/ pd.

looks like my booking has an error.

20 minutes ago, dog said:

I booked without a package.

My booking says the same as yours that I purchased premier.

on chat I asked what it will cost me to upgrade to the new Premier package- answer is $90 pp/ pd.

looks like my booking has an error.

Same here. Says it on app and website . However it is not listed on the travel summary. I did call a couple of months ago to add premiere (before the new one announced) and was told I didn't need to, I already had it.  So, go figure.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Same here. Says it on app and website . However it is not listed on the travel summary. I did call a couple of months ago to add premiere (before the new one announced) and was told I didn't need to, I already had it.  So, go figure.

I will wait to my roll out date and try the app. I already paid for 3 specialty dinners and the upgrade to new premier at $10 pp/ pd is cheaper.  Will see!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dog said:

I will wait to my roll out date and try the app. I already paid for 3 specialty dinners and the upgrade to new premier at $10 pp/ pd is cheaper.  Will see!

Dog, can’t wait till you go on your cruise.  I need to know what I don’t know.  Pressure is on you to enlighten me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

See below

Edited by dog

19 minutes ago, dog said:

Chats & phone call say they do not see any premier package on my booking.

Princess really needs to figure this out.  Because if we don’t have it, we should be able to purchase it and we can’t, at least not on line. Princess IT at its best 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLAlaska said:

Princess really needs to figure this out.  Because if we don’t have it, we should be able to purchase it and we can’t, at least not on line. Princess IT at its best 

I sent photos of app & above from my personalizer to them and asked if I get the premier package.

When the Sun app takes upgrade to new premier I will try that.

I’ve already ordered water for the room, get minibar setup and paid for 3 specialty dinners.  Not expecting the freebie but don’t want the hassle when I board.

5 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Can you book wifi and pay CA but not purchase a bundle?

This tells me it is a Glitch, as chat & phone call can not see that my account has a package.

i want it in writing email if I am suppose to have that upgrade.

10 hours ago, dog said:

Can you book wifi and pay CA but not purchase a bundle?

This tells me it is a Glitch, as chat & phone call can not see that my account has a package.

i want it in writing email if I am suppose to have that upgrade.

I can.. but I can do that on another cruise where I booked the Premier as well.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

I can.. but I can do that on another cruise where I booked the Premier as well.

Weird.

i can’t on my suite that included premier- the CA it says is included in my premier package. Wifi is not available yet.

11 minutes ago, dog said:

Anyone else think this is a glitch re: premier package not paid for?

Sorry to say, yes.

I got an email (that I 've posted several times) saying I can upgrade to the Sanctuary class and the Premium for $138/pp/pd.

We already are in a Sanctuary cabin and have the Plus package and besides that the Premium package is only $90/day to start with.

So something is VERY glitchy with Princess right now.

(And when I try to log on I've gotten the "under maintenance" notice for the last 4 days.)

BUT - If these notices about having the Premium package are in writing you have nothing to lose by printing them out and bringing them with you!😄 

Edited by chamima
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chamima said:

Sorry to say, yes.

I got an email (that I 've posted several times) saying I can upgrade to the Sanctuary class and the Premium for $138/pp/pd.

We already are in a Sanctuary cabin and have the Plus package and besides that the Premium package is only $90/day to start with.

So something is VERY glitchy with Princess right now.

(And when I try to log on I've gotten the "under maintenance" notice for the last 4 days.)

BUT - If these notices about having the Premium package are in writing you have nothing to lose by printing them out and bringing them with you!😄 

Have you called Princess or your travel agent about this?

I have printed all of this, but want it in an email as to glitch or free upgrade perk.

3 minutes ago, dog said:

Have you called Princess or your travel agent about this?

I have printed all of this, but want it in an email as to glitch or free upgrade perk.

Yes - My TA checked and we're fine.

She has no idea why we got that email.

She and I can't fathom where they got $138/pp/pd figure from!

We're in 2 M2 cabins, sail in December so they change to Sanctuary.

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dog said:

IMG_5914.thumb.jpeg.8f85efa64a53575188fabb217d839f5a.jpeg

What it looks like is that they are showing the amenities you'd be getting if you were to book your cabin now. Somehow they've upgraded you to current booking benefits.

Does that only show on the site to bid for an upgraded cabin or does it show when you log in to your current cabin and it's benefits?

I think the upgrade site is third party so that might be where the glitch is. (And not a reliable source)

If it shows on your personalizer then Princess also thinks you qualify.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chamima said:

What it looks like is that they are showing the amenities you'd be getting if you were to book your cabin now. Somehow they've upgraded you to current booking benefits.

Does that only show on the site to bid for an upgraded cabin or does it show when you log in to your current cabin and it's benefits?

I think the upgrade site is third party so that might be where the glitch is. (And not a reliable source)

If it shows on your personalizer then Princess also thinks you qualify.

The description here for bid does not match the pics I posted from my booking.  Chat & phoning said they cannot see that I have any package.

I got a second pop up saying I  Also have lounge access.

I am just going to say I am not expecting any benefits except for access to Sanctuary and private restaurant.

Who do princess have working for them? So much annoyances pre cruise.

26 minutes ago, dog said:

The description here for bid does not match the pics I posted from my booking.  Chat & phoning said they cannot see that I have any package.

I got a second pop up saying I  Also have lounge access.

I am just going to say I am not expecting any benefits except for access to Sanctuary and private restaurant.

Who do princess have working for them? So much annoyances pre cruise.

If you get those pop ups (from Princess, not the third party site) again take a photo with your phone .

I still can't access my personalizer at all - still says technical difficulties, so maybe they're working on it.

• Like 1