Carnival Miracle

JGB

Question….on embarkation does Carnival require you to park at the Long Beach convention center no matter how early one arrives, and what is that process like?

1 hour ago, JGB said:

Question….on embarkation does Carnival require you to park at the Long Beach convention center no matter how early one arrives, and what is that process like?

I believe so but I'd be interested in the responses as well. From what I have read, Miracle cruises are not permitted to park at the structure. 

Yes. The parking structure at the terminal is only large enough to handle traffic for two ships. Passengers sailing on the third are specifically assigned to another facility near the convention center. No exceptions. I believe historically that designation went to Miracle. Showing up 'early' doesn't alter that assignment.

In February we were sent elsewhere as well.  We arrived at noon, so who knows what happened to the first people.  Anyway, when we got there, the entrance to the garage was blocked off, and we were sent around to a spot where we could drop off passengers and luggage.  At the same time we were given directions to the off site parking.

I'm the driver, so I dropped off my hubby and son, and almost all our luggage, then put the address into the phone gps.  Took me a little less than 10 minutes to get to the new parking. 

Once I got there, I learned the first garage was full and they sent me to a second garage around the block.  Second garage was sketchy looking, but my car was there when we got back. 🤷‍♀️ I had to pay for parking in full when pulling in to park. (It was $20/night x4=$100) (As it turns out, no one was staffing the garage when we got back, which is why we had to pay on entering.)

Anyway, I ended up parking on the top floor, and in this second garage, no elevators, just stairs. (I believe the first garage had an elevator) The directions weren't real great, but a couple of minutes later I found the shuttle (a mini bus) and got myself back to the parking garage, to meet my hubby and son and carry on luggage.

At the end of our cruise, no mini busses, but full size busses.  We all went together, with our luggage, back to the garage.  As I stated above, our garage wasn't staffed when we got back.  I left the luggage with hubby on the ground floor.  I climbed up the stairs and drove the car down.  We loaded up and drove out the open gate.

Not the worst, but certainly less convenient than being able to park right there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deelightfull said:

In February we were sent elsewhere as well.  We arrived at noon, so who knows what happened to the first people.  Anyway, when we got there, the entrance to the garage was blocked off, and we were sent around to a spot where we could drop off passengers and luggage.  At the same time we were given directions to the off site parking.

I'm the driver, so I dropped off my hubby and son, and almost all our luggage, then put the address into the phone gps.  Took me a little less than 10 minutes to get to the new parking. 

Once I got there, I learned the first garage was full and they sent me to a second garage around the block.  Second garage was sketchy looking, but my car was there when we got back. 🤷‍♀️ I had to pay for parking in full when pulling in to park. (It was $20/night x4=$100) (As it turns out, no one was staffing the garage when we got back, which is why we had to pay on entering.)

Anyway, I ended up parking on the top floor, and in this second garage, no elevators, just stairs. (I believe the first garage had an elevator) The directions weren't real great, but a couple of minutes later I found the shuttle (a mini bus) and got myself back to the parking garage, to meet my hubby and son and carry on luggage.

At the end of our cruise, no mini busses, but full size busses.  We all went together, with our luggage, back to the garage.  As I stated above, our garage wasn't staffed when we got back.  I left the luggage with hubby on the ground floor.  I climbed up the stairs and drove the car down.  We loaded up and drove out the open gate.

Not the worst, but certainly less convenient than being able to park right there.

Thank you

• Thanks 1