Transportation or Tour Options for Troodos Mountains

tls716

Hi! We have a 1 day port stop in Limassol. We'd really like to see the Troodos mountains and hike either the Artemis Trail or Kaledonia Waterfall Trail, then visit a mountain village for lunch. I'm only finding excursions that either we don't have enough time for, or they are private and too expensive. Will there be taxis outside the cruise port that will take us up into Troodos mountains? Or will there be tour companies at the port where we can book a tour up into Troodos that day?

41 minutes ago, tls716 said:

Hi! We have a 1 day port stop in Limassol. We'd really like to see the Troodos mountains and hike either the Artemis Trail or Kaledonia Waterfall Trail, then visit a mountain village for lunch. I'm only finding excursions that either we don't have enough time for, or they are private and too expensive. Will there be taxis outside the cruise port that will take us up into Troodos mountains? Or will there be tour companies at the port where we can book a tour up into Troodos that day?

The Troodos mountains are in Cyprus, not Greece. Post in the "Other Mediterranean Ports" forum.

8 minutes ago, tls716 said:

Thank you, I have reposted in other forum. I originally was going to post there, but saw Limassol listed under Greece ports.

True because many Greek island cruises make a stop there. Because of cabotage laws all round-trip Athens cruises have to make a stop in another country. That means Turkey, Italy or Cyprus. Cyprus started being used at the end of the pandemic when Turkey was still closed to cruises. However, posting on the other forum might get you some local expertise.

• Like 1