Antarctica - transfers

Hi again

for those who have done the Antarctica packages recently, I have been told that a transfer from BA airport to hotel is included - how does this work with people flying from all over the world?

also for those that extended their stay in BA longer than the included one night hotel stay how did it work?

thanks

We did the 2023 Christmas cruise in Antarctica.  A transfer from the BA Hotel to the airport is included at the start of the trip.  After landing in BA on the way back you are on your own.  Both our flights to and from BA were at EZE (Ministro Pistarni International Airport) because of storm damage at AEP (Aeroparque) from where they normally fly.

Posted (edited)

We arrived a day early and Seabourn picked us up at EZE. The day before embarkation you will get your boarding passes with seat assignments at the hotel; Seabourn checks you in for the charter flight to Ushuaia. The day of embarkation, passengers are divided into 2 groups and take busses to the airport (AEP), for the charter flight to Ushuaia.  Seabourn then busses you to the ship. On the way back, you fly into EZE and then are on your own.

Edited by grandma*knows*best
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, grandma*knows*best said:

On the way back, you fly into EZE and then are on your own.

If you have booked air through Seabourn and have a night flight Seabourn will take you out to a nice restaurant for dinner and return you to EZE at about 5:00pm.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grandma*knows*best said:

We arrived a day early and Seabourn picked us up at EZE. The day before embarkation you will get your boarding passes with seat assignments at the hotel...

For itineraries starting in Buenos Aires, one night hotel (plus airport to hotel transfer) is included prior to the charter flight to Ushuaia on the next morning. 

Are you saying that you arrived on the day of the inclusive hotel, in which case, yes, the transfer from EZE to hotel was supposed to be included?  Or did you arrive an extra day earlier (so that you had to arrange for that extra night hotel stay), in which case did Seabourn still provide you with a transfer from EZE to your hotel (which may or may not be the inclusive hotel)?  I'm thinking in that case you would have been on your own to get from EZE to your hotel.

On 3/13/2024 at 8:46 AM, grandma*knows*best said:

We arrived a day early and Seabourn picked us up at EZE. The day before embarkation you will get your boarding passes with seat assignments at the hotel; Seabourn checks you in for the charter flight to Ushuaia. The day of embarkation, passengers are divided into 2 groups and take busses to the airport (AEP), for the charter flight to Ushuaia.  Seabourn then busses you to the ship. On the way back, you fly into EZE and then are on your own.

Thanks, did you stay 2 nights at the hotel provided by Seabourn?

Posted (edited)

We arrived one day before the official arrival day and paid for one night at the hotel and Seabourn paid for the next night (we were able to stay in the same room).  My husband contacted Seabourn in advance.  There was a Seabourn rep at EZE we checked in with and they sent us in a private car to the hotel at no cost. There were others on our cruise who did the same thing.

Edited by grandma*knows*best

On 3/12/2024 at 10:55 PM, Woodrowst said:

If you have booked air through Seabourn and have a night flight Seabourn will take you out to a nice restaurant for dinner and return you to EZE at about 5:00pm.

They do this for some passengers, but not all.  Perhaps related to your Seabourn status?  One couple did not get this benefit and they were very annoyed.  We were staying an extra day in Buenos Aires, so didn’t do this.

1 hour ago, grandma*knows*best said:

We arrived one day before the official arrival day and paid for one night at the hotel and Seabourn paid for the next night (we were able to stay in the same room).  My husband contacted Seabourn in advance.  There was a Seabourn rep at EZE we checked in with and they sent us in a private car to the hotel at no cost. There were others on our cruise who did the same thing.

Did you book the extra hotel night on your own or through Seabourn?

19 minutes ago, grandma*knows*best said:

We booked our own air travel and Seabourn provided us transportation to

the hotel.

Same. We'd already booked a private transfer and it was a bit faster but otherwise we could've gone with Seabourn.

17 hours ago, grandma*knows*best said:

No, not true.  We booked our own air travel and Seabourn provided us transportation to

the hotel.

I apologize what I meant to say is that if you go early ( i.e. before the first night of the included hotel) they will only pick you up from the airport if you book the extra nights hotel through Seabourn.  (Didn't mean to say the air). I asked Seabourn rep about this spedifically.

40 minutes ago, MarciAnn said:

I apologize what I meant to say is that if you go early ( i.e. before the first night of the included hotel) they will only pick you up from the airport if you book the extra nights hotel through Seabourn.  (Didn't mean to say the air). I asked Seabourn rep about this spedifically.

in Post #10, she said that she had booked the extra night's hotel stay on her own, not through Seabourn.

A transfer by private car or taxi to the Alvear Palace is just under $70 Australian - you do the maths. As you exit the baggage pickup there are people who organise the cars and take a credit card payment (cash is more $$). The car was more than adequate for our large amount of luggage. Certainly better than waiting on other people.

We had an extra night in BA on return due to 6pm flights. The taxi charge back to EZE was the same as the inward journey. 

On 3/29/2024 at 2:53 PM, MarciAnn said:

Still not true.  We booked the first hotel night on our own.