Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

I'm having so much fun reading your live review. Supposed to be cleaning my house today, but keep coming back to you.

Agree Jersey Boys wonderful show. I saw on Broadway and have been several times on NCL and really think better on the ship. Perhaps the small theater in Bliss makes it more personal. (trivia answer Frankie Valli). Of course, I'm booked to see again when onboard -- one more week to go before I sail away.

Oh your mention of Million Dollar Quartet brings back memories. Best of the best (the fourth guy is Carl Perkins). The incredibly talented Jared Freiburg was Jerry Lee Lewis. He still performs on cruise ships, now with his trio The Vagabonds. In 2024 mostly scheduled on Celebrity and Princess. But does list a Norwegian Escape date of 6/23 - 7/3 (Barcelona to Venice). Also listed is Norwegian Jewel on 11/17 -11/24 but that cruise not shown on NCL website, so perhaps private. You can see all the details plus a You Tube video on his website www.jfreiburg.com

Your food pics have me salivating. That Indian food in the buffet available anytime, breakfast-lunch-dinner, and such a treat. The guacamole in Los Lobos. Like you, I order the cod and asparagus at Ocean Blue and as a Floridian must have key lime pie. Where will you dine tonight? If can't get into Le Bistro, perhaps try La Cucina. Always seems delicious to me. And remember to get the tiramisu.

Yikes, weather only 63 today. You must be getting close to California. I'll be bringing a jacket along. Wishing you a happy last day onboard (wine tasting will guarantee that) and a good disembark on St Patty's Day. 

taste lunch was really good!  55 minutes start to finish.  Two glasses of wine.  Two apps two entrees. 

First course - bistro salad  - solid salad 

bay scallops gratin- flavorful bay scallops and a whole lotta butter -‘heavy for lunch!

entrees

- spaghetti carbonara- 7/10 - perfect lunch size, bacon flavor was just right, just the right amount of cheese - only needed to be warmer

- chicken Milanese- really good- loved this!  But chicken also could hav been warmer.  Arugula salad and lemon- perfection!  8/10 

IMG_7096.jpeg

IMG_7095.jpeg

IMG_7094.jpeg

IMG_7093.jpeg

• Like 1

The lobby continues to rock- people love this stuff.  I still long for a quiet hotel resort style

lobby, but I realize I’m in the minority…

IMG_7089.jpeg

IMG_7090.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh dear, Deal or No Deal in the lobby- me looking for a quiet place to read- ha!  I realize now that “may” be the OL on 15- crap shoot there… 

IMG_7097.jpeg

6 minutes ago, L1211 said:

quiet place to read

Is the District brewery place open in the day time? I remember sitting in there last April with the bar closed. It was just a nice view with low conversation or reading. Dunno if it was a one off or what exactly. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Eggs2Go said:

I'm having so much fun reading your live review. Supposed to be cleaning my house today, but keep coming back to you.

Agree Jersey Boys wonderful show. I saw on Broadway and have been several times on NCL and really think better on the ship. Perhaps the small theater in Bliss makes it more personal. (trivia answer Frankie Valli). Of course, I'm booked to see again when onboard -- one more week to go before I sail away.

Oh your mention of Million Dollar Quartet brings back memories. Best of the best (the fourth guy is Carl Perkins). The incredibly talented Jared Freiburg was Jerry Lee Lewis. He still performs on cruise ships, now with his trio The Vagabonds. In 2024 mostly scheduled on Celebrity and Princess. But does list a Norwegian Escape date of 6/23 - 7/3 (Barcelona to Venice). Also listed is Norwegian Jewel on 11/17 -11/24 but that cruise not shown on NCL website, so perhaps private. You can see all the details plus a You Tube video on his website www.jfreiburg.com

Your food pics have me salivating. That Indian food in the buffet available anytime, breakfast-lunch-dinner, and such a treat. The guacamole in Los Lobos. Like you, I order the cod and asparagus at Ocean Blue and as a Floridian must have key lime pie. Where will you dine tonight? If can't get into Le Bistro, perhaps try La Cucina. Always seems delicious to me. And remember to get the tiramisu.

Yikes, weather only 63 today. You must be getting close to California. I'll be bringing a jacket along. Wishing you a happy last day onboard (wine tasting will guarantee that) and a good disembark on St Patty's Day. 

Hey @Eggs2Go - thank you so much for your thoughtful response!  I do this because I enjoy it - i relax by being busy- ha! I also enjoy  the chronicle that it creates.  Super excited for your sailing in just a week!  Pre-cruise is so much fun- I love the planning! Yes. Temperatures have hit the full range from chilly today, cold the first night to hot in Mazatlan!  Pack for it all!’ 

thanks for your comments on entertainment -‘I hate to see folks saying “good riddance” - I dont get to take my girls to broadway shows often and we always find them memorable! Million dollar quartet was my late father’s favorite show ever - shared family memories- priceless!! 

thanks again for coming along!  

My DH eats at off times. He’s a “coffee for breakfast” guy and typically eats later in the day. He keeps hitting the buffet when it is closed.  Alarm set for Ice Cream Thirty today so he gets ice cream before they close! I told him there was ice cream on the dessert menu today, but he was too full…

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lush LaRue said:

Is the District brewery place open in the day time? I remember sitting in there last April with the bar closed. It was just a nice view with low conversation or reading. Dunno if it was a one off or what exactly. 

That’s a great suggestion! One of my favorite venues on the ship! 

Edited by L1211
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lush LaRue said:

Oh boy, open and not a secret- almost

all waterfront seats taken, but one left! My current view and menus 

image.jpg

IMG_7100.jpeg

IMG_7099.jpeg

IMG_7098.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, L1211 said:

open

I feel like a real CC member at this moment. 😛 Thank you! I’m going to miss your updates next week. I’m almost inspired to try a live review for April since it’s an early sailing and people are anxious to see the new Dailies. 

• Like 1

Hey, Lush, guess you're referring to an Alaska sailing. After the Mexican Riviera trip I'll be staying on the Bliss for the Pacific Coastal, but jumping off when we reach Vancouver. Back in 2019 I was on the Bliss to Alaska in July. It was beautiful and very enjoyable but I was so cold. Had on longjohns, a woolen cap, and everything else. I admire you for having the fortitude to sail to Alaska in April. 

58 minutes ago, Lush LaRue said:

I feel like a real CC member at this moment. 😛 Thank you! I’m going to miss your updates next week. I’m almost inspired to try a live review for April since it’s an early sailing and people are anxious to see the new Dailies. 

I would tune in for the Dailies! I'll be on the Bliss in late May.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Eggs2Go said:

admire you for having the fortitude to sail to Alaska in April

Yep! I’ll be on the 2nd lucky sailing on the 13th. I will also be spending 2-3 hours tucked in on a lounger, Vibe side, for a Battle Creek Sanitarium cold weather, invigorating experience. 😆

I did the same, 2nd sailing last year around the 20th (waves to readers posting that sailed with me!). Didn’t find weather bad, but I’m from Seattle and 30s nights and mid-40s days is our normal winter. 

if you are posting live, it will be great to know how it goes - it seemed that we had a lot of crew turnover after LA, and there were some quick learning opportunities for staff in how to adjust to the Bliss. 

1 hour ago, Lush LaRue said:

Alaska remains on our bucket list- looking forward to learning more!! 

• Like 1

Ruby port - white chocolate 

pinot - WA - Milk chocolate

shriz - Australia - swim dark chocolate 

cav- California - Dark chocolate 

image.jpg

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Mostly packed, Flights checked in…. Next up,

wine tasting! 

Packing sucks.  Next time do a B2B!!😎  It is very surreal when you get that "sorry to see you go" thing and you know that you have another whole week of cruising bliss.  One of the best feelings I've had in recent years.  Very addictive though....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Packing sucks.  Next time do a B2B!!😎  It is very surreal when you get that "sorry to see you go" thing and you know that you have another whole week of cruising bliss.  One of the best feelings I've had in recent years.  Very addictive though....

Oh yeah, i could do another week or two of t this!!!