Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

3 minutes ago, Texter2 said:

Thank you for letting us go on this voyage with you! Loved the pics and all the information. We embark on our first NCL cruise in 21 days on the Encore (that is why I read your trip blog with such interest, similar ship and a few of the same ports). We will have 21 days aboard and are going from Miami to Seattle. So thankful for your intel! 

Oh my goodness- 21 days???  I’m sooooo jealous!!! I want to sail the Encore and dream of a repositioning trip- I love sea days!!  Enjoy!!! Glad you came along with us - so appreciate knowing folks were out there!! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, L1211 said:

What a trip!!. We love the Breakaway - super similar to the Bliss. This is my favorite class of ships.  Excited for you!!! 

My very best to you on all of your future travels.  I can't imagine ever being quite so detailed as you have been, but reading your blog has inspired me to perhaps do the same during our cruise on the Breakaway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RWK1952 said:

My very best to you on all of your future travels.  I can't imagine ever being quite so detailed as you have been, but reading your blog has inspired me to perhaps do the same during our cruise on the Breakaway.

Thank you so much @RWK1952!  So kind of you to say!!  I love chronicling our journeys-

I kind of relax By staying busy- ha!  It also creates a treasured account of your trip!  We

Take off soon…

Good bye CC and special vacation- about to take off - till next Time.  Happy to answer any questions!!

For those playing along at home, That’s drink 3…. Finish strong!!! 

IMG_7149.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What a great review! Thank you so much for taking us along. You're making me consider upgrading our beverage package next time. DH would love the rum upgrade for sure. Wishing you all the best as you plan your next adventure ❤️

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKR2011 said:

What a great review! Thank you so much for taking us along. You're making me consider upgrading our beverage package next time. DH would love the rum upgrade for sure. Wishing you all the best as you plan your next adventure ❤️

Kind of you to say @AKR2011!  We worked that upgrade hard!  Totally worth it for us!!

• Like 1

I forgot to review Priority Access- thought that was a bust. Did not see value there and having no line for PA to return from Cabo was tragic!  Didn’t use laundry or room services. 

On 3/9/2024 at 7:02 AM, chill6x6 said:

I AM going to be following along! We have the Bliss booked this time NEXT year. Looking forward to hearing about your cruise!

Hope you enjoyed our sail @chill6x6 - excited for you -she’s amazing! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, L1211 said:

Hope you enjoyed our sail @chill6x6 - excited for you -she’s amazing! 

I certainly did! I especially enjoyed reading about what you did at each port! I pretty much know the Caribbean like the back if my hand but not so much the Mexican riviera! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

I certainly did! I especially enjoyed reading about what you did at each port! I pretty much know the Caribbean like the back if my hand but not so much the Mexican riviera! 

Right?  It’s been quite some time since we had a new port! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

Probably too late but yes to Flicker in the Dark!

Sorry I missed this!  I have another trip to CA Friday- will read it then!! 

Oh @L1211, you sure did give me a lot of catching up to do! It was well worth it. Loved your review and I'm so glad you and your family had such a great time, with only minor hiccups. As you surely noticed, I was participating in that demise NCL post. I'm still biding my time before booking, but reviews like yours sure are giving me hope that perhaps NCL isn't going downhill quite so quickly as it seems. They have a ways to go to rebuild my trust in them though.

But, thank you for sharing everything from food to bars to priority access (or a lack of) to entertainment. I, too, really enjoyed MIllion Dollar Quartet on Getaway. The cast there also did a Broadway Unplugged show which was fabulous! I don't pick my cruises for the entertainment, but it sure is nice when the entertainment is exciting.

I'm looking forward to your family embarking on your next NCL trip in hopefully the next year or two! 

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh @L1211, you sure did give me a lot of catching up to do! It was well worth it. Loved your review and I'm so glad you and your family had such a great time, with only minor hiccups. As you surely noticed, I was participating in that demise NCL post. I'm still biding my time before booking, but reviews like yours sure are giving me hope that perhaps NCL isn't going downhill quite so quickly as it seems. They have a ways to go to rebuild my trust in them though.

But, thank you for sharing everything from food to bars to priority access (or a lack of) to entertainment. I, too, really enjoyed MIllion Dollar Quartet on Getaway. The cast there also did a Broadway Unplugged show which was fabulous! I don't pick my cruises for the entertainment, but it sure is nice when the entertainment is exciting.

I'm looking forward to your family embarking on your next NCL trip in hopefully the next year or two! 

So glad it was helpful!  We Really did have a great time.  We disembarked MSC last spring break thinking cruising just was not for us - even with being in their YC.  But, the DD really wanted a cruise so off we

went.  

The Bliss has the DH and me looking at longer repo cruises!  They really reeled us back in!  I think it was mostly service that did it- truly personable and effective and engaging service. Great service makes small hiccups unnoticeable!!  Keep us up to date on your planning!!

• Like 2

On 3/9/2024 at 10:14 AM, Frogger22 said:

Whale in Cabo and GoCart docked in Ensenada (I know you’re not going there)

z (11).jpeg

IMG_2469.jpeg

@Frogger22 I still cannot get over this whale picture!  It’s fascinating and now that I’ve been whale watching, I’m reminded of how rare it is to see a full breech!!!  Just wow!!

On 3/10/2024 at 11:30 PM, jds2001 said:

LOVE the cheese ravioli appetizer, and I'm a meatatarian (if there is no meat I don't eat it!) and that was worth it. Small portion, though. Personally I'd give the tilapia a try, but no personal experience.

@jds2001 Finally got the cheese ravioli appetizer with lobster sauce on the last night. - it was delicious!!  Excellent recommendation!

IMG_7124.jpeg

7 minutes ago, L1211 said:

@Frogger22 I still cannot get over this whale picture!  It’s fascinating and now that I’ve been whale watching, I’m reminded of how rare it is to see a full breech!!!  Just wow!!

Yes indeed! This picture was taken by the catamaran excursion staff who was taking pictures throughout to sell us - $20pp so my family of 4 paid $80 for this pic and about 50 more - via a download link that worked just fine!

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 10:50 AM, graphicguy said:

BTW..that chocolate lava cake is my fave desert.  Now, I need to book a cruise as I really want some. 😉

I see there are sugar free options on one of the menus.   I had read somewhere else they didn't have any.  

@graphicguyThat chocolate lava cake made a return visit our last night- it is just so good!!! Certainly worth booking a cruise for- ha!!

IMG_7128.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 12:25 PM, L1211 said:

Thank you so much @RWK1952!  So kind of you to say!!  I love chronicling our journeys-

I kind of relax By staying busy- ha!  It also creates a treasured account of your trip!  We

Take off soon…

We will be boarding the Bliss on Sunday so your review was of special interest to me. Thanks so much for all the valuable information. I actually took notes.😀  Wishing you and your family safe travels in the future. 

9 hours ago, irisbax3 said:

We will be boarding the Bliss on Sunday so your review was of special interest to me. Thanks so much for all the valuable information. I actually took notes.😀  Wishing you and your family safe travels in the future. 

Thank you so much @irisbax3- so excited for your trip!  I’d sail the Bliss again anytime- the crew is fantastic and the facilities all top notch!!! Enjoy!!! 

On 3/13/2024 at 9:25 PM, L1211 said:

Can we talk about ship time Versus port time??! Way too much trouble.  Please make ship time whatever your iPhone says it is!!! 

Going back through your posts to see if I understand this correctly: Is ship time not the same as port time in PV? 
thanks! 

19 hours ago, alyciawitz said:

Going back through your posts to see if I understand this correctly: Is ship time not the same as port time in PV? 
thanks! 

That’s correct.  PV was an hour differences. It wasn’t well publicized!! 

1 minute ago, L1211 said:

That’s correct.  PV was an hour differences. It wasn’t well publicized!! 

My sincere hope is that while we are on our cruise next year, the particular time of day, at any given time, will be mostly irrelevant.  🙂   Except, of course, when returning to the ship from a port excursion!!

1 hour ago, RWK1952 said:

My sincere hope is that while we are on our cruise next year, the particular time of day, at any given time, will be mostly irrelevant.  🙂   Except, of course, when returning to the ship from a port excursion!!

You are exactly right!  We had massage appointments in the Old Town and I didn’t know about the time change- had to get the girls moving an hour earlier than planned,

but we made it right on time! Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the review. I see you noted the internet was good. What package did you have? I am trying to decide if I need the premium package. I do like to video call home daily but otherwise won't use it much. Thoughts?