Just off Voyager of The Seas with Cabin 9234 pictures.

We booked VOS on a 5 day to be with our son and family. It was our first RC cruise in many years. We’ve done Carnival, Celebrity, Azamara and  Viking River in the years between.

Leading up to this I’d read some negative comments about VOS so wasn’t sure what to expect. 
All in all I’d have to say it was a good experience. Normally, we wouldn’t cruise on a family focused line this close to Spring Break. However we were to be with our son and his family so of course it was worth a try.  Yes, there were a lot of kids but RC does a great job of providing lots to keep them occupied. I did really appreciate there being an “adult pool” where we could escape to from time to time.

We booked a small suite so we’d have a little extra space when the kiddos came to visit. Gotta say, the storage space is amazing. My wife is all about drawers, shelves,closets etc in our home and even she was impressed. 
The ship is showing a bit of age. There’s a little rust in spots but overall it is very clean and well maintained. Neither of us could smell mold or mildew and my wife is quite sensitive to it. The crew is everywhere cleaning and polishing.

I was very pleased with food taste and presentation. I realize “quality” is very subjective so I can only speak of my opinions. Food in the MDR was, of course, better than the buffet IMHO but that’s to be expected. Even so, several things I tried overshot my expectations. MDR food was outstanding. 
The crew is very friendly and engaging. People would stop from their task to smile and greet. 

Id have to say our wait team in the MDR were the best we’ve had in 20+ years of cruising. 
Lots more I could add but have included a few pics of our cabin. IMG_9311.thumb.jpeg.eb8e38e50d54b05e26f7940f9d1b3421.jpeg

IMG_9280.jpeg

IMG_9281.jpeg

IMG_9282.jpeg

IMG_9313.jpeg

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, livetravelcruise07 said:

We are going on Voyager in May, so I am really happy to hear that you had such a good experience on Voyager! I have heard many negative reviews on this ship, so I am glad to hear yours is so positive!

Same, I’m booked for February and was a little nervous reading the overwhelming many negative reviews. I expect it to be smaller and older than ships I’ve been on, but I’ll still enjoying staring at the ocean sunsets like always regardless of the ship. 

• Like 1

I’ve been on her multiple times in the past year.  We loved every experience.  The crew is outstanding!  The food is great.  I ask for a baked potato instead of rice on Mexican Night and they don’t even bat an eye!  Every person I talk to says the same thing.  When they are having their last voyage before leaving Galveston and they go around to say goodbye to the crew they have weepy eyes.

• Like 1