Looking for beach day pretty water! Ibiza or Mallorca?

There's a lovely little 'beach' just over the road from the cruise port in Ibiza - Platja de S'illa Grossa.It's flat rocks into deep clear water that's a natural pool. No facilities but literally minutes from the ship - so you can fit in a beach and city day walking around Ibiza town.  https://maps.app.goo.gl/bCQijUhc7Db4Gdeo8 ignore Google saying it's 25 minutes walk - it sends you down the one-way road like a car instead of crossing the carpark 🤷‍♀️

Ibiza has lots of excellent beaches, Playa de Talamanca is probably the closest traditional beach - 25 minutes walk

Not so sure about Mallorca

Ibizacruiseport.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Oriolesfan8 said:

I've been researching Mallorca and Palma Nova keeps coming up as a nice beach. I've read its about a $20 taxi ride

Try this beach only 20 mins from port in Palma 20eu in a taxi.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 6:52 PM, Debberly said:

Can anyone suggest beaches with clear water (if possible) in Ibiza and Mallorca?  Also, the best transportation to get to them. 

If only planning one beach day, compare sightseeing options in both Ibiza and Palma and have your beach day in the one which offers the least amount of interest to you.

Palma is actually a lovely city to visit, Ibiza less so.  There is a"pinned" thread at the top of the Spain Boards which is full of info and suggestions so you could browse that in addition to the usual "Palma sightseeing" websites, YouTube, Tripadvisor, guide books etc.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2697012-palma-de-mallorca-diy-new/page/24/#comment-66879051

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 2:22 AM, roger b said:

Try this beach only 20 mins from port in Palma 20eu in a taxi.

We are on a cruise ship. Are Taxi's readily available by this beach? Thanks! looks cleaner than PalmaNova

4 minutes ago, Oriolesfan8 said:

We are on a cruise ship. Are Taxi's readily available by this beach? Thanks! looks cleaner than PalmaNova

Hi Taxis and bus pass at the entrance of the beach ,the taxi stand is 10 min walk.

There are 3 beaches there with beach bars they will call a taxi for you also.

Roger b 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 3:52 PM, Debberly said:

Can anyone suggest beaches with clear water (if possible) in Ibiza and Mallorca?  Also, the best transportation to get to them.  

TIA!

Debbie

Hi,

We had visited Palma city on a previous trip, so we planned a beach day for our Palma, Mallorca port stop last August. We took a taxi from the port to Son Matias Beach and had a really nice day. There are 3 beaches in a row, connected by a pretty waterfront promenade walking area. Loads of restaurants, cafes and shops all along there. If you search Palma Nova beach (maps) you'll see the three beaches. Son Matias was a very clean pretty sand beach with lots of chairs and umbrellas to rent and the ocean was lovely for swimming. I had pre-booked a restaurant for lunch and also pre-booked a ride back to the ship. (just because I didn't know how plentiful taxis would be near the beach and I didn't want to be stressed about getting back to the ship on time) The beachfront area is mostly pedestrian only so the taxis will drop you off a few streets from the beach, but it's only like 3mins walking. I can definitely recommend The Olive Tree for lunch - it's right next to the beach with pretty views from the patio and we had a delicious meal! 

In Ibiza we did a walking food & old city tour with Ibiza Walks. It was our first visit to Ibiza and it was much better than we anticipated. Really enjoyed our day there!

-Char  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How is the accessibility at these beaches.  Just watched the Mallorca beach video and realized that many stairs and no railings is going to be a deal breaker for me.  We don't need full accessibility, but need an easier access.

On 3/18/2024 at 7:16 PM, Oriolesfan8 said:

On 3/18/2024 at 7:23 PM, roger b said:

Hi Taxis and bus pass at the entrance of the beach ,the taxi stand is 10 min walk.

There are 3 beaches there with beach bars they will call a taxi for you also.

Roger b 

Roger I'm torn between cala comtesa or cala bendinat.

Is cala comtesa one of the illetas beaches.

Thanks 

On 5/4/2024 at 2:54 PM, snowmouse said:

How is the accessibility at these beaches.  Just watched the Mallorca beach video and realized that many stairs and no railings is going to be a deal breaker for me.  We don't need full accessibility, but need an easier access.

Hi,

The one shown in the video now has a hand rail, and there  is more than one access point .

Roger b 

On 5/4/2024 at 2:54 PM, snowmouse said:

Hi ,

It is easy access  at all the beaches mentioned and I myself  would need a hand rail there are none I know  without  one, the one shown in the video now has a hand rail.

Roger b 

32 minutes ago, tfg said:

Roger I'm torn between cala comtesa or cala bendinat.

Is cala comtesa one of the illetas beaches.

Thanks 

Hi,

There are more facilities  at Cala Contessa with easier  transport taxi or bus back to the port .

Roger b 

• Thanks 2