Oosterdam – April 12, 2024 – Ponta Delgada, Azores

Drcody

My wife and I will be making the voyage from Fort Lauderdale to Athens, Greece. We are seeking other passengers on the same voyage who would like to form a small group (4-8 people) to book a small group excursion in order to save money. 

I have found and communicated with a local independent tour guide (highly rated on TripAdvisor) who offers tours of the island – either short (3-4 hours) or long (4-5 hours) to various locations. After spending several hours researching tours, I have discovered that by booking directly through the tour owner/operator you can save a SIGNIFICANT amount of money compared to tours offer aboard the ship. And yes, this tour provider has specific tours designed for tourists arriving by cruise ship thereby ensuring he will get all back in plenty of time to re-board the ship.

His prices are E 45 = $49 per person/$98 couple for the short tours and E 55 = $60 per person/$120 couple for the longer tours. Compare these prices with what Holland America is offering and you’ll understand why I’m trying to put together a small group. 

His website is: Azoreantours.com . Once there, click on Shore Excursions to see the different tours he offers. To make it perfectly clear – I do not get any “kick back” or discount by having others book a tour. The owner needs a minimum number of passengers to run any of the tours which is why I am reaching out to fellow passengers. My wife and I are favoring Excursion #1 or Excursion #4 but would consider all others. If you do book a tour, please reach out to me via Messenger of leave a comment on Facebook indicating which tour you’ve booked.

Thank you and I’m looking forward to the cruise.

Drcody - Welcome to Cruise Critic, you should post and find others who have similar tour ideas in the Roll Call for your cruise.  Look under Roll Calls - Holland America Line - Oosterdam - April.

Enjoy your Transatlantic Cruise, 

• Thanks 1

@Drcody Here’s the roll call for your trip. Hopefully you can find someone in the group who can join you. We’ll be on HAL’s Rotterdam for a transatlantic just about a week later. Looking forward to our own stop in the Azores. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2905542-april-5-2024-oosterdam-eastbound-trans-atlantic-fll-barcelona/

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 8:10 PM, Drcody said:

His prices are E 45 = $49 per person/$98 couple for the short tours and E 55 = $60 per person/$120 couple for the longer tours. Compare these prices with what Holland America is offering and you’ll understand why I’m trying to put together a small group. 

His website is: Azoreantours.com . Once there, click on Shore Excursions to see the different tours he offers. To make it perfectly clear – I do not get any “kick back” or discount by having others book a tour. The owner needs a minimum number of passengers to run any of the tours which is why I am reaching out to fellow passengers. My wife and I are favoring Excursion #1 or Excursion #4 but would consider all others. If you do book a tour, please reach out to me via Messenger of leave a comment on Facebook indicating which tour you’ve booked.

Thank you and I’m looking forward to the cruise.

Drcody have you filled your tour? What option did you choose? Room for 1 more?

Thanks so much.