Victoria cruise terminal shuttle - do we need a car seat?

We are cruising in the spring to Vancouver and Victoria. The last time we cruised to Victoria I remember we took a shuttle from the port to downtown. This time I will have my two year old with me. I'm hoping to not bring a car seat on the cruise ship and I'm wondering if he will be allowed to ride on my lap or in his stroller to downtown, or if the shuttle requires a car seat somehow. Any info is appreciated! Thank you! 

You can take children on a bus without an approved child seat. I believe approved car seats are also not mandatory in a taxi. We would never have taken the kids/grandkids without a car/booster seat, but I have seen kids entering taxis without seats.

As per the previous post, it is a short scenic walk from Ogden Point to downtown.

Professional drivers - which also includes Uber/Lyft here due to how they are licensed, as well as buses/limos/taxis - are exempt from the kiddie car seat requirements locally.

If memory serves though, Alaska has tighter requirements to BC - even in a schoolbus, if it has seatbelts installed, kids need to be secured in appropriate boosters/front/rear-facing seats depending on age, height and weight. So unless you plan to avoid any excursions using a vehicle in your ports of call, you'll need to bring a seat with you...

Since airlines have to let you bring such a thing for free anyway, if you have one you're familiar with at home bringing it is probably best.

On 3/11/2024 at 12:46 PM, martincath said:

Professional drivers - which also includes Uber/Lyft here due to how they are licensed, as well as buses/limos/taxis - are exempt from the kiddie car seat requirements locally.

If memory serves though, Alaska has tighter requirements to BC - even in a schoolbus, if it has seatbelts installed, kids need to be secured in appropriate boosters/front/rear-facing seats depending on age, height and weight. So unless you plan to avoid any excursions using a vehicle in your ports of call, you'll need to bring a seat with you...

Since airlines have to let you bring such a thing for free anyway, if you have one you're familiar with at home bringing it is probably best.

Luckily it is just a 3 day pacific coast cruise. Van - Vic - Seattle (home). So Victoria is our only concern!