Have you done: LivTours - Colosseum with arena floor and underground

CanuckonaBoat

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

It sounds like a very comprehensive tour and LivTours has a good reputation. Why are you worried about it being canceled?

First - there is warning on their page and when I researched into tours companies for the colosseum - there were a lot of mentions of cancelations due to the way access to tickets is managed.   

34 minutes ago, CanuckonaBoat said:

First - there is warning on their page and when I researched into tours companies for the colosseum - there were a lot of mentions of cancelations due to the way access to tickets is managed.   

That's true -- but it would be the same with any private tour. The system for getting tickets for the Colosseum is a mess right now. I have heard that they are trying to come up with a better one, but not sure what the timetable for that might be.

So, having said that, I don't think any private tour would be a lower "risk" than any other. Getting individual tickets is also difficult. My only thought would be that if you book the tour early, the agency knows they have to get the tickets and they have a longer timeframe to maneuvre in, in order to be successful.