First time on HAL - how is it different?

7 minutes ago, charliedalrymple said:

Haljo, I just tried to send you a message but it bounced back as undeliverable!

Oops - RMTETrail86 at yahoo dot com.🥺

On 3/13/2024 at 11:21 PM, Haljo1935 said:

Welcome to HAL! We have cruised HAL, Princess and Carnival with varying itineraries and seasons; there's something to like about each of them, but prefer HAL mostly for the smaller ships and quieter spaces. 

We like Music Walk but it is LOUD.

While there is plenty to do, we do think there's a lack of activities and entertainment. The ships have great start of the art theaters, but there are no Broadway type production shows.

I am happy to share the Daily programs from my 16 day San Diego HI cruise Dec 21, 2023 - Jan 6, 2024; no idea what the adjustment removing Christmas & New Years would be as that's my only time for that itinerary. It should give you an idea of what's offered.

If you want them, let me know if you want them posted here or emailed. If email, just provide. 

I love Grand Dutch Cafe - K'dam is 1 of 3 ships that has that - enjoy!

You could also search the Live reviews for HI itineraries on K'dam. 

I would love to see your dailies. We have been on Koiningsdam and loved the ship but it was a very port intensive Norwegian Fjords itinerary so activities and entertainment were not important. Now I'm looking at a longer sailing with a LOT of sea days. I'm about to change my mind. Thanks so much.

mkfirquain at g mail dot com

1 minute ago, chucknmarilyn said:

I would love to see your dailies. We have been on Koiningsdam and loved the ship but it was a very port intensive Norwegian Fjords itinerary so activities and entertainment were not important. Now I'm looking at a longer sailing with a LOT of sea days. I'm about to change my mind. Thanks so much.

Hi - I will gladly send them to you. I will email you.

11 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Hi - @chucknmarilyn you've got mail.

There is currently a Live review on the Koningsdam cruise to Hawaii and Tahiti that you may find interesting. Many of the daily menus and activities are posted there. I've been following because we'll also be on the cruise to Hawaii next January.

I will add that we recently did a trans Atlantic on HAL and were never bored. Look for the roll call for your cruise and since there are so many sea days you may find that it is very active, with someone organizing activities above and beyond what HAL offers (book clubs, knitting groups, games, cabin crawls etc.).