Getting From Victoria to Vancouver

HobsonDD464

We are sailing on Radiance of the Seas out of Vancouver August 19, and have arranged to fly straight into Victoria and spend two nights there. The question is, what are good options to get around Victoria and then back to Vancouver (we'll have two nights in Vancouver as well)? Options seem to be 1) rent car in Victoria-fly back to Vancouver or 2) stay downtown in Victoria and walk or use mass transit - take ferry via Pacific Coach lines back to Vancouver. Current airfares from Victoria to Vancouver seem high to me, so 2) looks better. It would be good to have a car in Victoria, but it appears that dropping the car off and then getting over to the ferry terminal is problematic. Has anyone solved this situation creatively? Thanks -

I always have a car in Victoria, it depends on if you are going to concentrate your touring essentially "downtown" and using buses/cabs??

As another option, you could rent a round trip Vancovuer car. I have done this with pick up at one of the downtown rental offices and then taking the Tsawwassen ferry to Swartz Bay. Have been able to get the 10 am ferry, which I don't recommend for a first timer not familiar with Vancouver. :) But from getting off your cruise ship early, you probably could make the 11am ferry. It is a very very scenic sailing. And timewise, probably not significant since you have waits involved with flying too, and transfers.

Otherwise I would take Pacific Coach lines so to have the advantage of a different route of travel.

Archived