Anyone ever booked solo studio GTY?

Posted (edited)

Really frustrated here. Trying to book a cruise for April, been trying for over a week now. Site says Studio GTY available, but when NCL or my agent tried to book it, it gives them an error. “Room must be assigned to category” or something like that. 

wondering if anyone has ever successfully booked a solo GTY or if this is just an error that no one cares or knows how to fix.

I am ready to book and pay, but can’t do it. It is pretty angering to see NCL have these listed as availabilities, only to turn down payment at the final stage. I get if it’s full…my loss for not acting sooner…but NCL shouldn’t say “available” if its not actually available. I really don’t mind getting whatever inside guarantee they end up giving me

if anyone has ever found a way around this issue please drop me a line 😞 i hope it is not just a bait and switch to get solos to pay 200% for insides

Edited by marktwothousand

I've never seen the Studios even have a GTY category. Usually they are just T1 and when they're gone, they're sold out. 

I doubt it's bait and switch. The NCL webpage and system sometimes gets glitchy.

• Like 1

Hey Mark!

i’ve experienced this issue last October. Me and my travel agent tried to book over and over again. When we asked NCL, it appeared that this was a problem with the system showing a non available cabin. My travel agent was also quite confused and unhappy about the situation.
I monitored the cruise and luckily an assigned studio cabin was available eventually. 

I hope it works out for you as well! 🙂

• Like 1

I tried doing a mock booking for a solo and the heading said sold out. I clicked on it anyhow and it showed a solo cabin available with the cabin number. My cruise buddy then called twice and actually got her cabin moved to that location as her original assigned cabin was really far from the solo lounge. This was on the Epic. If you try this maybe it will work for you. This happened within the last month. Good luck!

thanks everyone for your commentary. It’s good to know this has been an issue for some in the past, at least that nails it for me, in that now I know taking that cruise is unlikely to work out for me. 

I’d like to book an inside but I need two rooms, and they’re all at 200% pricing, so it would mean an additional $2000 between the two of us, which is unfortunately significantly more and likely out of our reach. 😞

• Like 1