Can a full afternoon tea service (like the one offered in the Queen's Room) be ordered to one's cabin?

Yes, you can have afternoon tea delivered to your stateroom, 3pm to 4.30pm, and it's the same as that delivered in the Queens Room / Britannia - sandwiches, scones, cake. I am sure you will be able to swap coffee for tea, and I suspect you can ask for hal'al or vegetarian sandwiches, as an example. Some of the sandwiches are vegetarian so it's easy enough to swap that over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 3/19/2024 at 3:23 AM, Pushpit said:

Yes, you can have afternoon tea delivered to your stateroom, 3pm to 4.30pm, and it's the same as that delivered in the Queens Room / Britannia - sandwiches, scones, cake. I am sure you will be able to swap coffee for tea, and I suspect you can ask for hal'al or vegetarian sandwiches, as an example. Some of the sandwiches are vegetarian so it's easy enough to swap that over.

Wonderful, thank you for the information! I'm surprised I can't find more examples online of people enjoying the afternoon tea in their cabin or balcony. Seems so luxurious and relaxing. 🙂

• Like 1

Well it definitely happens that people ask for room service Afternoon Tea. If you go early to the Queens Room (worth going 15 minutes early to get a nice table) then on the return to one's stateroom you can see the crew in the middle of delivering trays to other staterooms.  I don't think it's that popular, looking at the numbers involved, and one reason is that the service of the Tea has a bit of ceremony and tradition around it, one of the few to have survived over the years. There's often a soloist playing, or if there is recorded music then some of the ballroom dancers may take to the floor for an informal go-around.

The other thing that some people do is go off to the Lido / Kings Court and take away a plate of scone / sandwiches back to their staterooms - it's easier to home in on the items you want there. 

Back in November 2022, on the westbound crossing we tried the room service afternoon tea.

Sandwiches & scones were delivered [with proper accessories] were delivered as expected - but we needed to se the stateroom kettle to brew tea in cups.

The rest of the days on that sailing [26 nights] we had the Queen's Room Tea about a third of the time, with the balance up in Kings Court [or bringing cups of tea from KC into Carthenia]

• Like 2

Mr Kynance & I ordered afternoon tea on a couple of occasions for consumption on our balcony when on QV last June whilst doing the one week northern Spain & Cherbourg trip. If I remember correctly, the selection varied each day but always included sandwiches/rolls, cakes and a scone each. For some odd reason, we always got 3 cakes rather than four but since I prefer the savoury items and Mr K has a sweet tooth, he got a second cake and I ate whichever sandwich he didn’t want. We also ordered the extra charge Prosecco on the second occasion. You do need to make extra tea using your kettle though but that wasn’t a big deal. Altogether, I did think it was a great idea to introduce afternoon onto the room service menu & I’m sure we will order again when we are on QM2 to the fjords this summer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kynance said:

Mr Kynance & I ordered afternoon tea on a couple of occasions for consumption on our balcony when on QV last June whilst doing the one week northern Spain & Cherbourg trip. If I remember correctly, the selection varied each day but always included sandwiches/rolls, cakes and a scone each. For some odd reason, we always got 3 cakes rather than four but since I prefer the savoury items and Mr K has a sweet tooth, he got a second cake and I ate whichever sandwich he didn’t want. We also ordered the extra charge Prosecco on the second occasion. You do need to make extra tea using your kettle though but that wasn’t a big deal. Altogether, I did think it was a great idea to introduce afternoon onto the room service menu & I’m sure we will order again when we are on QM2 to the fjords this summer. 

Right?? Tea on the balcony sounds incredible. Maybe even put a robe on and get some sun if facing west. 🙂