Linked reservations ?

I had a cruise booked for 4 (myself, daughter, grandson and my husband) in an owners suite (sky).  I recently suddenly lost my husband, leaving the 3 of us and not knowing what direction to go.  My other 2 adult kids said instead of me cancelling they would come and make it a family cruise in dad’s memory. Since the owner suite only sleeps 4, with no larger suite available and there’d be 5 of us now, Royal booked my 2 kids in an interior then linked them to my reservation so they can eat with me in coastal kitchen. With Royal linking them like this, will that also allow them to sit in the sky area with me at shows?  I bought them the key just to be safe.  

15 minutes ago, Pattywac said:

Royal booked my 2 kids in an interior then linked them to my reservation so they can eat with me in coastal kitchen. With Royal linking them like this, will that also allow them to sit in the sky area with me at shows?  I bought them the key just to be safe.  

YMMV, but to eat in Coastal Kitchen (or partake in other suite benefits*) you need to be in a full suite (JS for CK dinner) or Pinnacle.

* Suite lounge, Suite sundeck, etc.

P.S.  Sorry for your loss.  😞

36 minutes ago, Pattywac said:

The rep from Royal outreach told me they linked it together so we could eat together in CK.  I just wasn’t sure if that link went beyond that?

I would confirm with the suite concierge (via email) prior to the cruise whether the linked interior cabin occupants can partake in CK or other suite benefits.

43 minutes ago, Pattywac said:

The rep from Royal outreach told me they linked it together so we could eat together in CK.  I just wasn’t sure if that link went beyond that?

And as the other post said dont count on that. I sat with people in the Mdr who coukdnt eat with their kids in ck because the kids were not in a suite. He was just preparing you incase the kids cant eat there. Maybe maybe not. Get it in writing that they can eat there as it's not as clear as you think, just linking them. Good luck. 

I called Royal to confirm it in writing after reading posts here.  although on 3/4/24 I was told the reservations were linked and a special exception was made so we could eat as a family in CK, somehow it was denied on 3/7 (and of course I wasn’t informed of this change) b/c CK couldn’t accommodate an extra person.  I’m torn between heartbreak and anger b/c this trip was supposed to bring some comfort and something positive after our loss.  Had I known this I would have cancelled.  

1 hour ago, Pattywac said:

I called Royal to confirm it in writing after reading posts here.  although on 3/4/24 I was told the reservations were linked and a special exception was made so we could eat as a family in CK, somehow it was denied on 3/7 (and of course I wasn’t informed of this change) b/c CK couldn’t accommodate an extra person.  I’m torn between heartbreak and anger b/c this trip was supposed to bring some comfort and something positive after our loss.  Had I known this I would have cancelled.  

☹️

I'm sorry for being the bearer of [possible] bad news, but I just wanted to make sure there were no surprises on embarkation day.

I thought about canceling, but any option with another line is sold out for July. I thank everyone for their feedback.  Had I been told on the 4th it was a no go then at least I could have based decisions on that, but to say ok then 3 days later to deny the exception and not inform me.  I’ve invested approximately $18k so far between cabins, excursions and add on’s, and this wasn’t a change ever wished to make.  But that little perk meant something to me, a sliver of light in dark times, even though it is a minor issue overall. 

4 minutes ago, Pattywac said:

I thought about canceling, but any option with another line is sold out for July. I thank everyone for their feedback.  Had I been told on the 4th it was a no go then at least I could have based decisions on that, but to say ok then 3 days later to deny the exception and not inform me.  I’ve invested approximately $18k so far between cabins, excursions and add on’s, and this wasn’t a change ever wished to make.  But that little perk meant something to me, a sliver of light in dark times, even though it is a minor issue overall. 

We are sorry too how disappointed you are that they wouldnt make a exception for you and you were misinformed. Those agents just arent as well informed as they should be. Too bad you couldnt have booked a JS instead of the inside or some higher level cabin to make it possible. Pinnacles are already fighting over getting into the ck and many busy dates. They didnt change policies hence why you werent informed they changed their minds. Imo some agent just told you incorrectly. This was the policy as many posters posted when you booked. No policy was changed. I use a TA who is very particular on rules and such and how I say them. He would have told you when you booked the inside cant eat in ck. 

I just wanted to post an update.  Royal Caribbean stepped up and more than took care of the issue.  There was a snafu, it wasn’t caught and I am more than satisfied with the solution. 

• Like 10

I’m so happy to read this read. I’m so glad that they were able to accommodate you at this most stressful time. I am sorry for your loss.