Prebooking Spa Service - Platinum Discount?

I am finally platinum and I am finally planning to relax a little on our first port day and get a massage and spa treatment! I wasn't aware that you can prebook and prepay through the app/website, but I found a service and time that I like.

However, what I can't tell is if the price reflects the 25% discount that platinum and above receive in the spa while the ship is in port. Does anyone have experience with this? Am I better off just waiting and booking first thing upon boarding?

TIA!

Two thoughts - either no one knows, or I should have titled this post: "HORRIBLE AND CONFUSING experience with NCL website - will NEVER use again"

Maybe that would have gotten some attention... 🙂

• Haha 3

We're newly Platinum, too, Melody, and I wish that I knew the answer so that I could respond to your question. Maybe try calling NCL? Anyway, I love your sense of humor!

On 3/21/2024 at 10:54 AM, Melody7 said:

I am finally platinum and I am finally planning to relax a little on our first port day and get a massage and spa treatment! I wasn't aware that you can prebook and prepay through the app/website, but I found a service and time that I like.

However, what I can't tell is if the price reflects the 25% discount that platinum and above receive in the spa while the ship is in port. Does anyone have experience with this? Am I better off just waiting and booking first thing upon boarding?

TIA!

Probably the best time to book a spa treatment is on embarkation day.  People haven't made up their minds on a spa treatment and subsequent treatments on the days after embarkation will start to fill up.

Pricing?  That I don't know.  I know the discount is for port days, when most guests are off the ship.

Love your sense of humor.

I can't answer your question regarding whether the prices is the discounted one you're entitled to.  I agree with @graphicguy about booking onboard. 

Also, if you have time, go that drawing thing they have on embarkation day.  On a guy's trip, my friends and I went on a lark one year.  One of them won a $100 credit in the drawing; and the other, when visibly (and playfully) looked disappointed, the spa manager provided a 50 percent off credit to him.  Neither of them used the wins - the one guy sold his $100 off for $50 to a bystander; and the other one, is a knucklehead.

• Like 1

If you click through and try to make a reservation you'll see a matrix of times and prices, with the port and sea days marked with different icons. If you see a 25% discount for the port days, then that's probably it.

But I'm basing this looking at my upcoming cruise on the Bliss in Alaska in October. I'm seeing all prices are the same for every appointment slot. (They're also calling the day spent scenic cruising and the day we aren't getting to port in Victoria until 8PM so the captain can have their legally-mandated handshake with a mountie "port days" which is a little silly but would be to your advantage in this context) Maybe pricing gets more dynamic as the cruise approaches and slots fill up or for other ships/itineraries. 

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

Love your sense of humor.

I can't answer your question regarding whether the prices is the discounted one you're entitled to.  I agree with @graphicguy about booking onboard. 

Also, if you have time, go that drawing thing they have on embarkation day.  On a guy's trip, my friends and I went on a lark one year.  One of them won a $100 credit in the drawing; and the other, when visibly (and playfully) looked disappointed, the spa manager provided a 50 percent off credit to him.  Neither of them used the wins - the one guy sold his $100 off for $50 to a bystander; and the other one, is a knucklehead.

DON'T TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THIS!! It's supposed to be our secret. Gosh - next time instead of 30 people competing for the credits, it's going to be 100. I thought they taught y'all better over in Halfmoon! 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1