Anyone use Priceline for Miami-I could use some hints

vesw01

It seems like I read that people paid around $60/nt in the Miami area, but I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have even gone up and haven't gotten a hit. Is there a certain area I should try - this is for the end of Sept. I could use any help that you may provide.

Thank you

Victoria

We'll be sailing on the Valor 1/14/07, and decided to go on and book our hotel since we noticed prices going up.

WELL:mad: ...we went on priceline and actually ended up paying MORE for our hotel then it would have been had we directly booked with the hotel.

(Even though we are only paying $100/night for the Staybridge Suites. We hope this is an ok place to stay)

We called priceline and basically they said we know you paid more there is nothing we can do at this point. We have used them before and had good results, but beware of what you are bidding for what grade!!

It seems like I read that people paid around $60/nt in the Miami area, but I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have even gone up and haven't gotten a hit. Is there a certain area I should try - this is for the end of Sept. I could use any help that you may provide.

Thank you

Victoria

vesw01,

You'll be able to get a 3* for ~$60 per night in the South Beach or Miami Beach area. You are WAAAYY to early to be bidding on Priceline for September though. Take your time and check out BiddingForTravel dot com and learn the technique. Your best time to bid is around sixty days out so you have plenty of time to learn.

My favorite SOBE hotel (Royal Palm) is no longer available on Priceline (They're going Condo) but there's still The Palms and Four Points in Miami Beach that are in your price range and they're right on the ocean and are both excellent hotels.

You can keep trying now, but don't go higher than $60 and don't choose a free bid area that has a hotel rated 3* or you might end up with something you don't want.

Good luck!

You will want to select Downtown Miami on Priceline. Select 4 star if that is still available. The last time we used Priceline they only showed 3 stars for the Cocoa Beach area. Keep in mind that rates vary from month to month. I would start at $60. They usually list a suggest price if your offer is not accepted. Stay below that suggested price.

For our cruise coming up in September we got the Doubletree by Mariott for $80. The rooms were normally $120.

Archived