Madrid Tapas tour

hutch1994

We did this on our pre-cruise tour in May 2022. It was very enjoyable and led by one of the hosts. We took a tour bus from our hotel to a stop near the palace, then walked to the restaurants which were all fairly close to each other. We visited 3 different restaurants and sampled a few tapas and wines at each. I believe we also stopped at a candy store which had free samples and chance to purchase items. I think it was about 100 euro (cash) per person. 

Go to Mercado San Miguel next to plaza Mayor. You’ll find all kinds of quality tapas. You’ll see more locals than tourists which is a good sign.  Save room for some Churros (I prefer porras) with hot chocolate at chocolatería San Gives which is two short blocks away. Sleep like a well fed baby…. enjoy!

• Like 3

I’m so glad you asked this, since I was wondering the same! We’ll be in Madrid for a post cruise extension. Does anyone also have recommendations for a flamenco show?

26 minutes ago, ddeprez said:

Does anyone also have recommendations for a flamenco show?

Yes, Corral de la Moreria.  If you book directly on their website, you will get a better table.  But if @Torquato  has a recommendation, take that one over mine.

21 hours ago, millybess said:

Yes, Corral de la Moreria.  If you book directly on their website, you will get a better table.  But if @Torquato  has a recommendation, take that one over mine.

I’m not really into flamenco.  Enjoy and post if you go.

3 minutes ago, Torquato said:

I’m not really into flamenco.  Enjoy and post if you go.

Thank you.  We've been and would recommend Corral de la Moreria.  I just thought because Spain is your homeland, you might have a better recommendation.  🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up taking the optional tapas tour my viking hotel reps in Madrid.  Thought it was a waste of money.  $105.00 a person which included a total of six different small tapas each along with wine.  For $210.00 could have had a really nice dinner in Madrid.

6 hours ago, hutch1994 said:

Ended up taking the optional tapas tour my viking hotel reps in Madrid.  Thought it was a waste of money.  $105.00 a person which included a total of six different small tapas each along with wine.  For $210.00 could have had a really nice dinner in Madrid.

Sorry to hear. You can eat really well for 105 pp in Madrid. I hope there is a next time…