Bringing wine and pop on ship

As mentioned, carry on.  As wasn't mentioned, it's 'soda'.  

I'm kidding btw.  

I do normally pack my wine in my backpack, but one cruise out of Miami, they said I couldn't have it in my backpack, and had to carry it.  Didn't bother me, but after so many cruises before and since carrying in my backpack, I learned to be prepared.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We put all of our collective POPS and wines for our group of three (3 bottles of wine, 24 juice boxes, and 12 pop cans) into a small roller suitcase, the size that they just barely let you bring as a carry on for a plane trip.  We put it on the security scanner and there were no issues, no questions asked, no having to open it up.  We boarded the ship and since the rooms weren't ready, we just left it outside our cabin door and went to find some food.  When rooms were ready, our cabin steward had placed the suitcase in the room for us.  This was a February 2024 cruise out of Manhattan.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, anastasia3939 said:

We put all of our collective POPS and wines for our group of three (3 bottles of wine, 24 juice boxes, and 12 pop cans) into a small roller suitcase, the size that they just barely let you bring as a carry on for a plane trip.  We put it on the security scanner and there were no issues, no questions asked, no having to open it up.  We boarded the ship and since the rooms weren't ready, we just left it outside our cabin door and went to find some food.  When rooms were ready, our cabin steward had placed the suitcase in the room for us.  This was a February 2024 cruise out of Manhattan.  

But, where do you put your sodas??  lol..

Seriously though, that's a good idea!  Especially when it's quite a few boarding together.  I forgot to mention, once when leaving out of Galveston, they made us open the cases of soda, and they took them out to check, then put them back in the cases.  Sure would've been nice for us if we had that extra roller suitcase then.

• Haha 1

I miss the old cruises out of San Juan where you could carry bottles of alcohol on and no one in security even batted an eye.

Now you have port security workers thinking they are police special forces forcing people to open up cases of soda (and then provide no way to close those boxes). There are some that even take "carry on" to mean it must be carried on in your hand and not by suitcase or bag. 🤔