Question - Diamond Circle excursion in Akureyri, Iceland

2cruisecats

We just got back from a land trip to Iceland.  Arctic Adventures and Troll Expeditions are two local companies that offer day and multiday tours in Iceland and get great reviews.  We took an 8-day ring-road tour with Troll Expeditions and it was fabulous!

• Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 7:58 AM, surmy555 said:

Are there options to do either of these tours independently in case they are fully booked ? Any recommendations?

We did the Viking Iconic Iceland, Greenland, and Canada last year and used independent tours in several ports, including Akureyri. The tour we did there was pretty close to Viking's Northern Treasures. You can find my "almost live" CC posts here: 

I also have more details and pictures on my personal blog - you can find all of that trip's posts here: http://notesbynancy.com/our-trips/2023-viking-ocean-iconic-iceland-greenland-and-canada-trip/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CDR2001 said:

We used Saga Travel out of Akeureyri. Our tour was similar to Natural Treasures and much cheaper than Viking. 

We used Saga Travel for a couple of great tours when we finished our cruise in Reykjavik.  19 person vans, great drivers, fabulous trips!  I'd also recommend Saga.  They even picked us and several others up at the dock in Reykjavik and dropped us off at our respective hotels in Reykjavik (no charge).  Note - we also weren't using Viking post excursions.

• Like 2