Onboard Booking

Peribit1

Is Crystal still offering onboard booking discounts?  Can it be applied to already booked future cruse?  I am considering a cruise for next year and I am thinking if I should book it now or wait until I get onboard in two months?

1 hour ago, Peribit1 said:

Is Crystal still offering onboard booking discounts?  Can it be applied to already booked future cruse?  I am considering a cruise for next year and I am thinking if I should book it now or wait until I get onboard in two months?

Yes,  They currently do on board bookings. 2.5% discount.  

You can book the specific cruise while on board or do an open booking.

At the time you do this you need to bring your credit card as they don't charge it to your on board account.

Keith 

1 hour ago, Peribit1 said:

If you book the cruise before you are on board, they do NOT apply the onboard booking discount once you are onboard. Another consideration of course is whether the room categories you are interested in might sell out between now and then. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TER777 said:

If you book the cruise before you are on board, they do NOT apply the onboard booking discount once you are onboard. Another consideration of course is whether the room categories you are interested in might sell out between now and then. 

This is different from the OC.  They used to apply the discount to all booked future cruises.  I thought I have heard about the change before but was unable to find the policy.  

Thanks for the info.

Pat

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Yes,  They currently do on board bookings. 2.5% discount.  

You can book the specific cruise while on board or do an open booking.

At the time you do this you need to bring your credit card as they don't charge it to your on board account.

Keith 

Thanks for posting.

Pat

7 hours ago, Peribit1 said:

Thanks for posting.

Pat

Pat, you are very welcome.

I just wanted to add a couple of other comments.

There are a couple of other differences in how this is handled compared to the past in addition to ones Tracie and I have already mentioned.

When on-board bookings are done you make the full deposit at the time of the booking rather than in the past when it was a smaller amount and you had time when you got back home to decide if you wanted to go forward with the full booking.

If one does an open booking on-board it is $500.00 per person (eg. $1,000 for double occupancy) and good for three months rather than six months and the amount is higher than it was in the past. It is fully refundable as it was in the past.

I had made open bookings while on board last summer and this past January.  

Keith

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

If one does an open booking on-board it is $1,000 per booking and good for three months rather than six months and the amount is higher than it was in the past. It is fully refundable as it was in the past.

It's $500 per person, thus $1000 per couple.

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Pat, you are very welcome.

I just wanted to add a couple of other comments.

There are a couple of other differences in how this is handled compared to the past in addition to ones Tracie and I have already mentioned.

When on-board bookings are done you make the full deposit at the time of the booking rather than in the past when it was a smaller amount and you had time when you got back home to decide if you wanted to go forward with the full booking.

If one does an open booking on-board it is $500.00 per person (eg. $1,000 for double occupancy) and good for three months rather than six months and the amount is higher than it was in the past. It is fully refundable as it was in the past.

I had made open bookings while on board last summer and this past January.  

Keith

Thanks for the additional info.

Pat