Rotterdam TV - can I watch items I have saved on my iPad on the tv?

I have no clue what the proper terminology is here so forgive me...is it possible to connect my iPad to the tv in the room so we can watch our saved movies on the larger tv rather than on our iPad?   We can do this at home with our smart tv without cables but I'm doubting that is possible.  Does anyone know about this?  If it is possible and if so, what is needed to do it?  Thanks so much.  

4 hours ago, kirkc said:

Basically, no.

Agree.

There are no ports available on the ships TV to connect to. Also, to the best of my knowledge the turn off the blue tooth and Wi-Fi connections.

2 hours ago, Dutchman48 said:

There are no ports available on the ships TV to connect to.

Not true.  On every recent HAL cruise we have been able to connect our laptop to an HDMI port on the TV and watch our own movies.  Now it does take some work.  It will likely be very difficult to reach behind the TV to connect the cable, but it can be done.  Then I believe we have needed to use our own personal small universal remote that we carry when we travel to switch the source to the HDMI port, since it was not possible with the in-room remote.  I have no idea if any of this is applicable to an iPad, but it is possible with devices that have HDMI ports.

• Thanks 1

You would need a universal remote that works with the TV in the room. The remote provided only allows channel surfing and volume, per se. There are ports on the back but access to them is not easy to get to and most likely have been disabled. I have cast to tvs on other lines but HAL doesn't want us to.