New West African ports will Regent help with Visas.

With the new West African routes ( replacing Suez Canal options) does anyone know or have experience of Regent helping with Visas ? We are doing Barcelona to Capetown 6 November 2024  and we call at a number of countries on West coast of Africa into South Africa itself.The information on various Visa websites is confusing to say the least and seems to change depending on which site you go to.

I am specifically looking at requirements for Australians but really asking if Regent will help with Visas  On board, at my cost of course.

Thanks in advance.

We took a similar cruise from Lisbon to Cape Town in November 2022. Double check everything with your travel agent or Regent but it looks like the only visa you will need is for Ghana. Some people will need to get a visa for Gambia but Commonwealth countries are exempt from the visa requirement. On our cruise, Regent took care of getting any visa we needed and added the cost to our onboard account. Most likely the same procedure will apply in your case but be sure to double check.

Dave

Thanks for the reply. Will wait a few more weeks and try and get Regent to confirm.We thought we may also need one for Cape Verde but it isn’t clear at all.I suspect that as cruising here has gathered momentum it may lead to clearer advice.

We did this trip in November 2023 and (as DaveFr says) only needed a visa for Ghana which Regent did onboard. I checked with all the Embassies in the UK myself before we travelled. Just a note - you may want to take copies of your passport as  Regent kept them for the whole cruise.

Thanks for responding. It seems a bit different for Australians.For example Senegal do not require Visas from UK or USA passengers but definitely for Australians. What concerns me is that they say I have to send my actual passport to an Embassy( we don’t have one in Australia) and I don’t want to let it out of my control.Appears we need Visas for 6 ports i.e Cape Verde,Ivory Coast,Sao Tome, Senegal, Ghana and Togo.

1 hour ago, Hamwen3839 said:

Thanks for responding. It seems a bit different for Australians.For example Senegal do not require Visas from UK or USA passengers but definitely for Australians. What concerns me is that they say I have to send my actual passport to an Embassy( we don’t have one in Australia) and I don’t want to let it out of my control.Appears we need Visas for 6 ports i.e Cape Verde,Ivory Coast,Sao Tome, Senegal, Ghana and Togo.

Wow - that’s going to be costly. I wouldn’t want to send my passport out of the country either. There were a lot of Australians on our cruise - it’s a pity no-one has commented.

Thanks. Yes was hoping to hear from Australians who did your cruise to try and clarify Visa issues. I can’t believe we have to apply for so many, some seem to be e visas and some you can get on arrival but unclear if port applies or has to be at airport. !! 
 Can I also ask if you also heard anything about Yellow Fever Exemption Certificates  being Ok as we cannot get the vaccination but can get the exemption certificates .

really appreciate your help.

Please don’t attempt to get any visas before you or your TA speak with Regent. In a number of ports, Regent has a blanket visa covering everyone on the ship or any visa requirement is waived due to the short duration of the visit.

Dave

Thanks Dave, yes we finally just got confirmation from Regent that we WILL be covered by a blanket Visa as we are going on ship excursions exclusively for all ports .We will however need a Visa for Ghana.The ship will arrange that Visa at cost to us. Such a relief to have that cleared up. Just need to confirm that an official Yellow Fever Exemption form will be accepted.

Thanks for your correct advice.

14 hours ago, Hamwen3839 said:

Just need to confirm that an official Yellow Fever Exemption form will be accepted.

We have done at least 2 or 3 cruises with Regent that required a yellow fever shot and for each one we got the official exemption form as my DH couldn't have the shot and had no problems.  That is not a confirmation as i have no authority to give you that but it was our experience. 

Thank you, that seems to be the opinion I am getting from many . Luckily our local DR ‘s surgery is a Yellow Fever clinic as well so we can get the exemption easily.