Ferry tickets to Capri

weston gal

How much in advance do we need to purchase tickets for the fast ferry to Capri from the Naples port? We are will be there on June 21 and plan on taking the 8:05 AM  or 8:35 am ferry over to self explore the island.

The port calendar is showing three ships in port that day:

CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION 8:00 -18:00 (2,170 passengers)

CELEBRITY EQUINOX 7:00 - 18:00 (2,850 passengers)

OASIS OTS 7:00 - 20:00 (5,606 passengers)

Generally it isn't necessary to purchase ferry tickets in advance but with that many people all arriving within a hour of one another, I would get them ahead.  If possible I'd wait and buy only a few days in advance if you'll have internet access, because your money is pretty much sunk if it's pouring down rain and you decide not to go.

You can purchase directly from the ferry companies to avoid excess fees:

Snav:  Naples - Capri | Snav

NLG:  NLG » Official website

You can purchase your return from a different company if the timing works better for you, there is no financial benefit to purchasing both from one company.  They don't offer round trip tickets, just two one ways (andata e ritorno).

The fact that OAS leaves so much later takes some of the pressure off the return but I still wouldn't risk it; if you don't purchase ahead of time on line go directly to the ticket office when you arrive on Capri and buy your return then.

• Like 4

On 4/3/2024 at 4:44 AM, euro cruiser said:

The port calendar is showing three ships in port that day:

CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION 8:00 -18:00 (2,170 passengers)

CELEBRITY EQUINOX 7:00 - 18:00 (2,850 passengers)

OASIS OTS 7:00 - 20:00 (5,606 passengers)

Generally it isn't necessary to purchase ferry tickets in advance but with that many people all arriving within a hour of one another, I would get them ahead.  If possible I'd wait and buy only a few days in advance if you'll have internet access, because your money is pretty much sunk if it's pouring down rain and you decide not to go.

You can purchase directly from the ferry companies to avoid excess fees:

Snav:  Naples - Capri | Snav

NLG:  NLG » Official website

You can purchase your return from a different company if the timing works better for you, there is no financial benefit to purchasing both from one company.  They don't offer round trip tickets, just two one ways (andata e ritorno).

The fact that OAS leaves so much later takes some of the pressure off the return but I still wouldn't risk it; if you don't purchase ahead of time on line go directly to the ticket office when you arrive on Capri and buy your return then.

Just wondering how to access the port calendar for Naples?

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 12:06 PM, weston gal said:

How much in advance do we need to purchase tickets for the fast ferry to Capri from the Naples port? We are will be there on June 21 and plan on taking the 8:05 AM  or 8:35 am ferry over to self explore the island.

On the Oasis that day and we have purchased our Naples to Capri tickets already to make sure we are on the 8:35am ferry. Worth the risk to be on the ferry we want

• Like 1