New article slamming Icon of the Seas...and cruisers in general

I understand these kind of articles, they're written to make a certain cohort of cruise-haters feel good about themselves and their choice to never step foot on a cruise. 

I meet these people all the time, we talk holidays and I start getting excited about cruising and I look in their eyes and they just....don't get it. 

And that's a shame, but it's fine. 

I dream of winning the lottery and bringing all my friends and family on Odyssey around the greek isles, or Icon to Cococay, but to be honest I think more than half of them would turn the holiday down.  

I'd love to see them all happy, all smiling, all entertained, all comfortable, and seeing some beautiful sights and never having to worry about their children...but for some it's not possible, they don't want that. 

Some people must think I enjoy having terrible holidays, or I have lower standards of fun, or quality, or relaxation than them.

In reality, I'm eating an ice cream and hugging my kids who have just jumped out of the pool to watch a volcano island pass by the floor to ceiling windows.  

But hey, you do you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hi my name is Andy said:

I meet these people all the time, we talk holidays and I start getting excited about cruising and I look in their eyes and they just....don't get it. 

A cruise holiday is not for everyone. Just like I would never take a ski holiday. Last camping holiday was 50 years ago. They are not for me but I know people who get excited about camping. To each their own. I think it is okay to make fun of cruises but looking at the article again there are a lot of stereotypes that are really not about cruises but from an elitist point of view.