Help Appreciated for Upcoming Splendor Cruise

I posted this in the roll call for this cruise, but there is little activity on that board. So I am also posting here with my fingers crossed! 🤞 

This is for the upcoming Splendor Barcelona to Rome cruise on April 14th.

Hubby and I had planned this cruise as a bucket list trip. We had our preferred cabin, airfare, and excursions all booked. We also added on the pre and post cruise packages. We had to cancel right before final payment because of hubby’s colorectal cancer diagnosis. We are still in treatment, so no cruising in our foreseeable future. Would someone please post a blog about this trip? I would like to travel vicariously through all of you. Pictures would be a plus, but I would love reading about everything on this cruise: people, food, experiences, ports, excursions, etc. Also if anyone does the pre and/or post cruise tours, I would love to read about those. I would greatly appreciate anything that anyone would post! Thank you so much!!

As a footnote, hubby and I were made whole monetarily with our trip insurance. We now just hope he can have surgery soon to take care of the cancerous tumor. His heart attack caused by the chemo has really set us back with that. After two cancelled cruises because of illness, I am beginning to think God wants us to explore other travel options. At this point, I just want hubby well so we can go anywhere!! I still read the wonderful travelogues here and go along with everyone in spirit!

Cindy

• Like 1

So sorry for your husband’s cancer and heart attack.    We are on the Splendor right now but will be leaving the ship in Barcelona.    Quite a few passengers are continuing on to Rome so hopefully you will get someone posting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My thoughts are with you both. I won't be on that cruise, but I will be on getting on in Rome, my husband's work has chartered it for 5 days after that cruise. So, we leave Rome and return to Rome.  I sure hope that someone is posting beautiful pictures for you to enjoy. 

2 hours ago, Cruzin1616 said:

My thoughts are with you both. I won't be on that cruise, but I will be on getting on in Rome, my husband's work has chartered it for 5 days after that cruise. So, we leave Rome and return to Rome.  I sure hope that someone is posting beautiful pictures for you to enjoy. 

Thank you for your kind thoughts. We are one step further towards surgery as the cardiologist gave him the thumbs up. So far no one has posted anything, but I am hoping that changes soon. If you have any pictures of Rome or from your cruise, I would love to see those posted. Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1