Expecting to port in Marseille in April or early May this year? Also July and August?

edinburgher

Marseille will welcome the arrival of the Olympic Torch from Greece on May 8th and I had previously advised of the potential for some tourism disruption due to preparations for this major event.

One member has reported a switch to an alternative port and another has reported a shorex cancellation.https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3001165-unrest-in-marsailles/#comment-67205374

There is  a description of  the event and therefore more knowledge of the advance preparations which will need to be made on post # 9 of this thread, so calls to Marseille in the lead up  to the date and for a few days afterwards may not go ahead exactly as expected and those booking private tours should be especially aware.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2973730-olympic-torch-route-2024-could-impact-french-port-calls/#comment-67146871

In addition to the Olympic Torch arrival  event, I should have added that Marseille will host a number of OLYMPIC SAILING  events between JULY 28 and AUGUST 8, also several OLYMPIC FOOTBALL matches between JULY 26 and AUGUST 6.

I cannot advise if these multiple events will impact on port calls, but it may be prudent to be cautious with private tour bookings just in case.                       

• Host Carolyn changed the title to Expecting to port in Marseille in April or early May this year? Also July and August?