11:40am Post-Cruise Flight out of YVR for Canadians traveling to YYZ?

Hello from the Greater Toronto Area! 

We're planning our first Alaskan cruise and are wondering if an 11:40am flight out of YVR (Vancouver) is advisable for Canadians traveling to YYZ (Toronto). This would fall on a Sunday in mid-September. 

We'll likely be booking with Air Canada whose recommendation for domestic airport arrival times with luggage to check in is at least 2 hours prior to departure. We figure we can either self-disembark or aim for an 8am disembarkation slot to get us through everything to be at the airport (likely via the SkyTrain) by 9:30am. 

There are 1pm-ish flights as well but they land around 9pm in Toronto, which is not terrible timing either... We just like to get home as soon as possible after vacations to reunite with our fur baby! 🙂

Thanks in advance for your input! 

I would have zero hesitation booking a flight as early as 10am domestically if I planned to self-disembark and take SkyTrain (I have NEXUS, but for domestic flights with only Security to worry about literally everyone can prebook their slot through security and also join the short queue).

11:40am you'll have sooooo much time to kill make sure you leave a novel in your hand luggage!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@martincath Thanks for the verification! It is appreciated! 🙂

Edited to add: We love YYZ Express in Toronto. Good to know we can prebook the same process in Vancouver! 🙌

Edited by BeachTunes