Electric wheelchair access at Mediterranean /European ports

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Anyone have experience with an electric wheelchair at any of the following ports (below)? I know there is a lot of cobblestone,  but can an electric wheelchair get off the ship and explore.

Are their required shuttles in the port? 

I'm interested in the Mediterranean Odyssey Cruise and I know in older cities it might be tricky, but is it possible I can get to the port towns? After some googling it looked like some ports required non-accessible shuttles to get out of the port, but wondering if private tours can access where we disembark the ship?  Or if a shuttle is required to get out of the port?  Or if it's possible to roll/walk out.

Any other tips for electric wheelchair users on Viking cruise or other ones at these ports?

Marseille, France
Monte Carlo, Monaco 
Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy
Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
Naples, Italy
Corfu (Kérkyra), Greece
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Split, Croatia

Venice,  Italy 

Thanks so much.  I appreciate it! 

Edited by GraC
Typo
  • Like 1

• GraC changed the title to Electric wheelchair access at Mediterranean /European ports
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2024 at 5:50 PM, GraC said:

Hello,

Anyone have experience with an electric wheelchair at any of the following ports (below)? I know there is a lot of cobblestone,  but can an electric wheelchair get off the ship and explore.

Are their required shuttles in the port? 

I'm interested in the Mediterranean Odyssey Cruise and I know in older cities it might be tricky, but is it possible I can get to the port towns? After some googling it looked like some ports required non-accessible shuttles to get out of the port, but wondering if private tours can access where we disembark the ship?  Or if a shuttle is required to get out of the port?  Or if it's possible to roll/walk out.

Any other tips for electric wheelchair users on Viking cruise or other ones at these ports?

Marseille, France
Monte Carlo, Monaco 
Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy
Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
Naples, Italy
Corfu (Kérkyra), Greece
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Split, Croatia

Venice,  Italy 

Thanks so much.  I appreciate it! 

Did you get any response?  We’re sailing on the Odyssey OTS in October on a B2B.  The first 12 nights to Italy, Greece, and Turkey, to be continued on a TA to Spain and Madeira, for 14 nights, disembarking in NJ.  I have a foldable electric wheelchair because I cannot walk without chronic pain despite pain medication.  The 12-night cruise was originally booked as a Holy Land Cruise.  RCI didn’t give us the option to cancel or switch to another cruise, which I know they have the right to change the itinerary.  It is what it is.