Wonderful cruise on the Grandeur

1 hour ago, tg75219 said:

Just finished a 16-night cruise on the Grandeur, and while I ate at Compass Rose ~10 times, I do not recall background music, which I guess is a good thing based on the comments.  That said, the music in the pool area was the most god-awful depressing mix of slow-tempo 1970s elevator music I've ever heard.  It was truly awful and it was on a loop, so you got to hear the same 30-40 songs every day.  I'm very tolerant of different types of music and typically don't even notice background music, but this music was so bad that I actually started to avoid going up to the pool area during the day, opting to sit on my balcony instead. 

I too was on the recent Grandeur 16 night cruise.  I found the music in the Compass Rose particularly annoying at breakfast.  It was a bit jarring to sit down to breakfast in the beautiful dining room at 8:00am and hear pop music. It was just so…unnecessary.  

19 hours ago, Mudhen said:

I guess we’d be considered old coots but we’re not dead yet!

More updated music would be fun especially at the pool areas!

Maybe even some live music would be appreciated!

I did notice the Coffee Connection on the Grandeur this month played modern songs, by artists like Bruno Mars, Sam Smith, Adele.  

Pool music aside, pretty much every other aspect of my voyage on the Grandeur was fantastic. My concierge suite was spacious (I love the new layout with the bed facing the verandah doors), the verandah itself was over double the size of a "normal" verandah, the food and service were great, and the public areas of the ship are stunningly beautiful, with Compass Rose being one of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen - on a cruise ship or elsewhere.  Cannot wait to sail on the Grandeur again.  

• Like 2