EZ air refund after airline cancelled ticket

COTINGEY

I booked non-stop tickets with EZAir in November, DEN to FLL for a cruise leaving on Saturday 04/13. At that time, I provided them with the power wheelchair specifications/dimensions that we would be bringing. Thursday (04/04), I sent an email to United to remind them about the power wheelchair. On Sunday (04/07) I received a call that the aircraft type (737's) would not accommodate my daughters wheelchair. On Monday (04/08) after discussing how we could get the wheelchair to fit, it was figured it out and we were good to go. Today (04/09) I received another call, that the wheelchair was a no go on this aircraft.  United said I could either take connecting flights to get to FLL or they would cancel the flight and refund my money. They had no way to get me home without it taking over 12 hours and multiple connects to keep us off of 737's.

Short story, we choose to cancel the flights.  Finally my question - these tickets were paid with our final payment and using gift cards. What are your thoughts on my refund? I've already asked United to refund me directly - we shall see. The tickets are cancelled on United but not on Princess, as of now anyway.

TYIA

Robyn

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, COTINGEY said:

I booked non-stop tickets with EZAir in November, DEN to FLL for a cruise leaving on Saturday 04/13. At that time, I provided them with the power wheelchair specifications/dimensions that we would be bringing. Thursday (04/04), I sent an email to United to remind them about the power wheelchair. On Sunday (04/07) I received a call that the aircraft type (737's) would not accommodate my daughters wheelchair. On Monday (04/08) after discussing how we could get the wheelchair to fit, it was figured it out and we were good to go. Today (04/09) I received another call, that the wheelchair was a no go on this aircraft.  United said I could either take connecting flights to get to FLL or they would cancel the flight and refund my money. They had no way to get me home without it taking over 12 hours and multiple connects to keep us off of 737's.

Short story, we choose to cancel the flights.  Finally my question - these tickets were paid with our final payment and using gift cards. What are your thoughts on my refund? I've already asked United to refund me directly - we shall see. The tickets are cancelled on United but not on Princess, as of now anyway.

TYIA

Robyn

It will be interesting.  If a flight reservation is canceled the refund must go to the payment method - your gift card.   

Then you had United saying they could accommodate you and you decided to cancel.  Thus what were the terms for your ticket?  Refundable?  Refundable with a charge?  Not refundable?  All of that was beyond EZAir.

Remember EZAir is a consolidator, not a travel agent.  Thus I would be looking to call and see what EZAir shows.  Legally you are likely bound to the terms on the tickets.  

A UAL refund could take a few days and EZAir a week or more.  Hope you have the refund promise from UAL in writing.

Good luck and you might consider with your special situation, exploring flights and booking direct with the airline; involving their special needs people.

For now, have you called United to confirm the reservation is canceled?  Have you called EZAir to see what they have.  Your needs cannot be accomplished on line.

MIA might well have more flight choices.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1