Plan B for Naples

Softball20

We will be on the Equinox in June, and our current plan is to get right on a ferry to Procida for the day.  We've been to Naples a few times and want to see something different.  I do want to have a Plan B, however, in case there are weather issues that may prevent the ferries from running [timely].  My preference would be to spend the day in Positano.  Looking for the best way to get there.  I'm assuming that if I can't, for some reason, get a ferry to Procida, the ferry to Positano won't be an option either. It's also a long ferry ride.  It looks like a train/bus combination is doable.  Any other options?  The best would be if there are taxis at the port willing to take us there 🙂

There absolutely will be taxis very happy to accept a fare to Positano.  I'm wondering what you'd do there, however, if the weather is so bad that the ferries can't run.  There's really nowhere to hide in Positano.

The fixed fare is 130 euro one way.  Round trip for six hours is 230 euro, if you want to stay longer (you will eat up at least three hours getting there and back) you will have to negotiate the extra fare with the driver.

You can download the fixed fares from the city's website here:  Comune di Napoli - Servizio Taxi

Thanks.  Good point on the weather.  I guess I was just thinking of the situation where the weather isn't too bad, but the ferry might be pretty choppy for a pleasant ride 🙂 I figure we'll just wander around beautiful Positano and have a nice lunch somewhere.  Probably not the best Plan B.  

It's not a bad Plan B, just a time consuming one as it takes so long to get out along the coast.

If you haven't seen Il Postino, it's worth watching before visiting Procida.  It's set there and was partially filmed there.

59 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

It's not a bad Plan B, just a time consuming one as it takes so long to get out along the coast.

If you haven't seen Il Postino, it's worth watching before visiting Procida.  It's set there and was partially filmed there.

It's definitely on my list to watch before we go.  My preference is absolutely Procida for the day; just planning for the "what if??"

Thanks!!