Just Booked Celebrity w/ the Kids... Having 2nd Thoughts

gvgseg

5 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I don’t think that the OP’s post is necessarily indicative that they made the wrong choice, but more of an attempt in their part to set realistic expectations. 

Their post reminds me of when we I booked a Holland America cruise when the kids were 9 and 11. I “impulse booked” it without thinking twice because I found a killer deal (way cheaper than the family friendly cruise lines). The excitement was followed by the “oh crap” thoughts, thinking that, not only the kids would kill me, but my wife would kill me for booking “an old people” cruise. Like the OP, I posted on the HAL board to know what to expect. 

Long story short, it all worked out and we had a great cruise. But part of it was because we prepared ourselves for what we could expect. Hopefully it will be the same way for the OP and their upcoming Celebrity cruise. 😀

Agreed but it wouldn’t be the internet if people didn’t judge and criticize unfortunately.  

• Like 1

Port intensive cruises, particularly in Alaska, are more about the locale than the ship anyway.  I might have a different opinion if you were taking a Caribbean cruise, but without knowing your kids, I'm guessing they will have a great cruise.

8 hours ago, Tapi said:

I don’t think that the OP’s post is necessarily indicative that they made the wrong choice, but more of an attempt in their part to set realistic expectations.

Setting realistic expectations shouldn’t require posting on an internet forum. That said, I’m glad that, after comments in this thread, OP’s children suddenly acquired characteristics that will serve them well on Celebrity