NCL transfer Trieste to Venice Marco Polo

I am looking at a 13.15hr flight from Venice Marco Polo on disembarkation day in Trieste.  But I can’t establish how early NCL offer transfers on disembarkation day… 

Can anyone advise? 

3 minutes ago, Maanio said:

My advice: don't do it. 

Stay a day or two in Venice.

It will take some considerable time to get from Trieste to Venice.

I did think that… I’ve been to Venice many times and don’t particularly like it - lovely place, but way too rip off and touristy! 
I could stay in Trieste I guess… supposed to be nice and get train to Airport 

There are flixbuses for 20 dollar from Trieste to VCE airport. They take 2 hours. Train takes over 3 hours and often delayed and you need to take a bus to the airport from Venice.

Make sure you don't get any morning flights it you plan to stay in Trieste.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maanio said:

There are flixbuses for 20 dollar from Trieste to VCE airport. They take 2 hours. Train takes over 3 hours and often delayed and you need to take a bus to the airport from Venice.

Make sure you don't get any morning flights it you plan to stay in Trieste.

Thanks!!! Much appreciated 

Posted (edited)

Last summer I took a train to Venice from Trieste after a cruise, but got off at the station before going to the island. I had a hotel there in the calmness. Stayed 1 night there, enjoyed Venice (got there by cheap bus). Next early morning I got a cheap bus from there to the airport. 

This option is economical and less stressful.

Edited by Maanio

23 minutes ago, Maanio said:

Last summer I took a train to Venice from Trieste after a cruise, but got off at the station before going to the island. I had a hotel there in the calmness. Stayed 1 night there, enjoyed Venice (got there by cheap bus). Next early morning I got a cheap bus from there to the airport. 

This option is economical and less stressful.

Can I ask which hotel? I will need to overnight near the airport as my flight home has connection via London… if I can’t get the 08.00hr or 13.15hr flight, then I’ll need to book an overnight hotel at LHR, which I really don’t want to do 😉👍

I stayed in Hotel Delfino Venezia Mestre. They have a bus station in front of them going either to Venice centre or to the airport.

If you stay there, for sure you will make the 13.15 flight.

1 minute ago, Maanio said:

I stayed in Hotel Delfino Venezia Mestre. They have a bus station in front of them going either to Venice centre or to the airport.

If you stay there, for sure you will make the 13.15 flight.

You’ve been so helpful- thank you for taking the time to reply!

4 minutes ago, Lobbylin said:

You’ve been so helpful- thank you for taking the time to reply!

No problem. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I took the train TO Trieste, a comfortable 2 hr ride.  But I used FlixBus for the return trip since it went directly to VCE. Also 2 hrs.  Both trips cost about 20E.

Be aware that the Trieste train and bus stations are about a 15 minute walk from the cruise pier.  It's a flat easy walk on a nice day. (we arrived to a downpour and had to wait an hour for a taxi to the ship!)

What time is your flight out of VCE?  NCL offered a transfer to VCE at 7am for pax with flights that left at 1pm.  That was the earliest.

My flight from VCE was to Madrid at 6:20am and I had been to Venice several times so I chose a hotel by the airport, Hotel Antony.  The hotel shuttle picked me up at the airport, but my flight was too early the next day so I had to get a cab.  The Desk asked if I wanted to share the ride and cost with another guest, and arranged that. Nice touch. Less than a 10 minute drive. The hotel restaurant was very good. The room was booked way in advance and was so reasonable that I chose a room on the top floor with a view across the water to Venice.  

Have a great cruise.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lobbylin said:

I am looking at a 13.15hr flight from Venice Marco Polo on disembarkation day in Trieste.  But I can’t establish how early NCL offer transfers on disembarkation day… 

Can anyone advise? 

Are you saying a 13:15 hr flight ? or the flight departs at 13:15 ?

1 hour ago, mapleleaves said:

I took the train TO Trieste, a comfortable 2 hr ride.  But I used FlixBus for the return trip since it went directly to VCE. Also 2 hrs.  Both trips cost about 20E.

Be aware that the Trieste train and bus stations are about a 15 minute walk from the cruise pier.  It's a flat easy walk on a nice day. (we arrived to a downpour and had to wait an hour for a taxi to the ship!)

What time is your flight out of VCE?  NCL offered a transfer to VCE at 7am for pax with flights that left at 1pm.  That was the earliest.

My flight from VCE was to Madrid at 6:20am and I had been to Venice several times so I chose a hotel by the airport, Hotel Antony.  The hotel shuttle picked me up at the airport, but my flight was too early the next day so I had to get a cab.  The Desk asked if I wanted to share the ride and cost with another guest, and arranged that. Nice touch. Less than a 10 minute drive. The hotel restaurant was very good. The room was booked way in advance and was so reasonable that I chose a room on the top floor with a view across the water to Venice.  

Have a great cruise.

7am would work - that allows a good 3.5hrs for the transfer, and 3hrs for checkin and fly👍

1 hour ago, Lobbylin said:

7am would work - that allows a good 3.5hrs for the transfer, and 3hrs for checkin and fly👍

It was only a 2hr drive from Trieste to VCE.

The 7am transfer was for flights between noon and 1pm. 

There was an 8am transfer for flights between 1 and 3pm

A 9am transfer for flights after 3pm.  

If you're a anxious traveler and would prefer the earlier shuttle, just find a flight that departs between noon and 1 and write that on your transfer request. ( NCL doesn't have the time/staff to check.) 

I don't recall the transfer cost, but I'm thinking $65.  That was a year and a half ago.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

It was only a 2hr drive from Trieste to VCE.

The 7am transfer was for flights between noon and 1pm. 

There was an 8am transfer for flights between 1 and 3pm

A 9am transfer for flights after 3pm.  

If you're a anxious traveler and would prefer the earlier shuttle, just find a flight that departs between noon and 1 and write that on your transfer request. ( NCL doesn't have the time/staff to check.) 

I don't recall the transfer cost, but I'm thinking $65.  That was a year and a half ago.

Thanks Mapleleaves!!