Sun Princess Reserve dining wait times and service?

IUSteve

I'm trying to decide whether to raise my bid for a Reserve mini-suite on Sun Princess.  I'm specifically interested in the Reserve dining room.  At least one early report said the service was disappointing.  For those who have been on recently, how were the wait times for a table and the service overall?  Thanks! 

we have been on 3 club class ( reserve class now)  ...mini suite cruises  with reserve dining in the last 20 months...all were OUTSTANDING!... zero wait time for dining, elevated table service, and incredible staff!

we have 5 cruises booked in the net 2 years and ALL are in reserve class.... yea? our sons inheritance is reduced, but I have advised him thats the price he will pay for aggravating me more than once!

PS: be warned...and not for nuthin.... but you will get a few "stink eye" looks  from fellow passengers who are waiting to be seated in regular dining area

I enjoyed my Sun Princess Reserve mini suite in March.  It was my first experience with Reserve dining, and I enjoyed speedy service and subtle menu upgrades.  In case you go at a busy time, there are comfy chairs outside the Reserve dining room and Wheelhouse bar area.  I did have to wait a few minutes to be seated a couple of times.

The reserve dining room is out of sight from main dining room line on Sun Princess.

• Like 1

We've only enjoyed a suite once so far, with Club Class (now Reserve). We really loved the experience. We had the same staff every night, and their service was impeccable and very personalized.

But we also enjoyed showing up whenever we wanted and they pretty much always had our table waiting (I think once or twice on a 10 night cruise they sat us at a different table, but we still had our same wait staff).

They were super sweet with my daughter as well. One night, one of the waiters presented her with some really cool origami animals he had made! Another did magic tricks for her.

The head waiter, Giovanni, made some fantastic special dishes, and was so kind and accommodating. He had a sweet nickname for our daughter, and treated her like a princess. 

We still talk about them 5 years later -- they really went above and beyond. We gave them all nice extra cash tips and submitted comment cards for all of them because they truly earned it.