Regent dining vs Silversea dining

11 hours ago, vistaman said:

my filet steak on the Dawn in the Grill was not so special , it was a thick piece of meat OK , but I had better meat on other cruise lines.  

In the Grill on SS, you're likely cooking your own steak at your seat on the hot lava rock, so it's down to you how that's done, although the accompanyments are more basic than chef prepared and plated meals. It's more casual and home bbq, so maybe not so comparable to more formal RSSC Prime 7?

1 hour ago, RetiredOnVacation said:

In the Grill on SS, you're likely cooking your own steak at your seat on the hot lava rock, so it's down to you how that's done, although the accompanyments are more basic than chef prepared and plated meals. It's more casual and home bbq, so maybe not so comparable to more formal RSSC Prime 7?

that is true  - it is more a "fun" experience 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RetiredOnVacation said:

DW doesn't really like steak, but she liked the grill on SS.  and it is fun and casual.  I like to butterfly my filet and then sear it.  

• Like 1

The surcharge on SS for La Dame and Kaesiki are definitely not worth the up charge. Add to that men must dress formal, ie. Jackets…..and for us there is no comparison. We have done 2 Silversea cruises and 5 Regent (with another coming up in July on Grandeur) and by far we prefer food and ambiance on Regent. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gpilon said:

The surcharge on SS for La Dame and Kaesiki are definitely not worth the up charge. Add to that men must dress formal, ie. Jackets…..and for us there is no comparison. We have done 2 Silversea cruises and 5 Regent (with another coming up in July on Grandeur) and by far we prefer food and ambiance on Regent. 

Ss has changed their dress code no ties needed just a jacket and only at la dame.   I do agree the up charge especially on ray and nova aren’t really worth it but if you have extra obc la dame over keiseki i would say.  As I said Beforee pro cons for both.  I do like the earlier 630 vs 7 first seating times on regent.

Only have 1 experience of SS, compared to nearly 100 nights on 3 different ships with Regent. 

However, whilst I much prefer Regent’s breakfast & lunch buffet - range/quality and layout etc - SS do offer a far wider choice of evening options. On Dawn (March 2023) La T & SALT were both superb options (with just 1 poor Lasagne) and the variety of other restaurants is better than Regent in my view.

We love P7 & P Rim, but it was almost impossible to get a 2nd booking on an 11 night cruise last Oct. They’ve reduced the covers and, basically, don’t take any booking after about 8.15 pm despite the restaurants stating you can dine up to 9.30.

SS have better al fresco options - the Grill & Pizza places were fine and you can walk in any time, no problem. They also have S Note, which is an interesting and pleasant change.  C Rose is far better than Atlantide in our experience but we did have 1 decent meal in there - we only ate in Atlantide 3 times in a 22 night cruise. I wouldn’t bother with Sette Marie, it is usually crowded and you are kept waiting if you want to dine after 7.30, the antipasti section is about half the size it used to be and I’ve never had a meal in there that made me think, ‘wow”, that was special. La T, La Dame and SALT on SS Dawn made me think,”wow, every time we dined in each location.

So, overall, it depends which types of restaurants you prefer - whether choice and range is important - and whether you get a “good” night or an indifferent one.

We are happy to have the opportunity to eat on either line but the recent cutbacks on both have, seriously, damaged reputations with the sounds of things.

• Like 2