Weather in the Mediterranean in May

Siostra

Dear Experienced Cruisers

I am going on a 7-night Western Mediterranean cruise in May: departing from Rome on the 9th, then Naples, after that heading to Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca and back to Italy for La Spezia and Rome. We will be having two sea days. Can anyone advise me as to the weather when at sea? What should we expect? I've tried to search the internet, but google only gave me pages with weather in coastal towns and cities. I'm aware that this much ahead of time there will be no forecast, I'm counting rather on some statistics from previous years.

Thank you so much in advance!

Anna

P.S. I am begining to feel nervous about the cruise and our whole trip, my first (and only) time on a cruise ship being back in 2011.

P.S.2. Please forgive any grammar or vocabulary mistakes. My English has not been used much recently.

For a non-native speaker your English is great!  The only Polish I know is Sto Lat, from singing it every year at my best friend's birthday.

I've been on three Med cruises, in July, October and November and I don't recall the weather at sea being dramatically different from on land, except one night when a storm blew through.

I would be prepared for warm days, cooler evenings, and the possibility of rain.  Layers are the secret, things you can add or take off, as necessary.

23 hours ago, Siostra said:

Dear Experienced Cruisers

I am going on a 7-night Western Mediterranean cruise in May: departing from Rome on the 9th, then Naples, after that heading to Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca and back to Italy for La Spezia and Rome. We will be having two sea days. Can anyone advise me as to the weather when at sea? What should we expect? I've tried to search the internet, but google only gave me pages with weather in coastal towns and cities. I'm aware that this much ahead of time there will be no forecast, I'm counting rather on some statistics from previous years.

Thank you so much in advance!

Anna

P.S. I am begining to feel nervous about the cruise and our whole trip, my first (and only) time on a cruise ship being back in 2011.

P.S.2. Please forgive any grammar or vocabulary mistakes. My English has not been used much recently.

Hi

Honestly.... who knows???

Last year, by these days, it was really warm and nice. Today it is quite cold according to April average.

I really do not want to make any expects.

For Spain (Palma and Barcelona) you can visit this page

https://www.aemet.es/en/portada

it is English version of Spanish weather agency. All are official data and all app take their forecast after them.

Just check one week ago and you will know.... because weather is a bit crazy

PS. In the "Spanish ports" section I posted some info about Barcelona, may you will need it