can not get reply from Denrus

I have booked a tour with Denrus for May 26-27, have not gotten a reply on when we will get tickets in mail. We are leaving home a month early and I want to be sure we get the tour packs. I have e-mailed Denrus 4 times and have gotten no responce. How can I get ahold of someone?

Donna

I am surprised you haven't heard from them. They are usually very prompt in replying. It may be they are in a busy period with the cruise season upon them.

We too are going to be in St.Petersburg May 26 & 27th and received our tickets electronically, earlier this week. The link provided in the above post should get a response.

Just yesterday I was in e-mail contact with DenRus and they (Stan Jacox) has been very prompt and detailed in all communications. I did experience that an e-mail did not go through. So - I just did a <resend> and got a prompt reply. DenRus has been great. SeaFish

My response from DenRus has been great too. In fact I had an email last week where Olga said she hadn't heard from me in a while and wanted me to know she was going on a vacation and another person would be handling her emails while she was away. Perhaps they are just a bit short-handed at the moment since she mentioned this is the last time they can take a vacation before their tourist season starts.

Diana

Donna, note, also, that we received e-docs from Denrus, nothing by snail mail. I don't know if that is SOP or email was used solely because we had already left the states for our pre-cruise Euro land trip, but it worked. So don't panic! And best of all, you will have 2 great days with your driver and guide once you arrive in SPb.

Hello Donna

I am not sure if this is the problem but if you are using one of the big ISPs like AOL or Yahoo you probably are getting responses but the service is deleting them. I have that problem at work, where none of our messages to clients on AOL get through. This has been a major problem that is creating a tremendous uproar in the internet commerce and email spheres. AOL says they dump millions of messages each day in their ever increasing efforts to lower spam getting to members. They figure that no one notices mail that does not arrive but everyone complains about mail that does that is from a business. The AOL and Yahoo spam detectors are not quite good enough to figure out if a business letter was wanted or not so they are error on the side of erasing them if in doubt.

Also in the same effort all the major ISPs have black lists of IP addresses that automatically dump messages if it comes from one of those IP addresses, regardless of whether it is from Aunt Mable sharing her recipy for strudel or a SPAMMER. What makes that rediculas is that most email accounts are on shared servers and IP addresses(there are not enough addresses in the current addressing scheme to have each account have its own) so that if one spammer is suspected(having a bounced message is enough to get blacklisted), the whole IP address is blocked, resulting in possibly 100,000 or more legitimate accounts blocked also. The answer is what we tell our clients for whom we are their supplier to either get an alternative and more reasonable service provider or we just can not continue supplying them. This whole concept is the #1 issue facing business and personal communications on the internet and policies like AOL and others have is undermining the reliability and usability of our computers. Many ecommerce sites will not sell to customers on AOL.

If this is the cause of your selective communications problem I suggest getting a real hosting service instead of AOL. I can not even send email to my own sister because she will not change and all my messages from France are blocked.

I guess it is back to using the phone and Fax for reliable communications.

I sent Stan e-mail to his personal address yesterday got the tickets this morning. He has tried to e-mail us quit a few times but we are with AOL and could not get it, we were even looking in spam. I'm glad he figured it out and sent e-mail from his personal address. Thank everyone for helping me with this. Would be in a panic if we had to leave home without this solved.

Donna

So glad to hear that Stan answered! Must be AOL then. Didn't know they prevented legitimate emails.

Please post when you return. We are using Denrus in August. Would love to hear how everything went. Did you book the value 2 day excursions?

Bon Voyage!

We got another e-mail from Stan. Could not be more helpful. We booked the 2 day value tour plus the evening of folk dancing. At first we wanted to go on a smaller custom tour but we didn't have the time to get a group of at least 8 other people. I am sure this will be great.

Donna

We want to go on the value tour also. I know it can be stressful when you're waiting for an email and it doesn't come through. Glad everything worked out. Stan is a great person to work with. Can't wait to hear how the tour was!

Archived