VPN and Voom

Posted (edited)

Varies ship to ship what VPN would work.  I have seen all VPN blocked then a few months later it's open.  I can say Icon was the last ship that I had a VPN blocked and it was blocking Wireguard connections but openvpn type was working.  (those are VPN types and most of the VPN software uses either of those or both as options.)

Edited by afurman
  • Like 1

I use ExpressVPN, and have had no issues. Used on Allure, Radiance, Odyssey, Navigator, Jewel, and maybe Freedom (don't remember).

You will just have to turn it off to log in initially, and if you ever want to log in/out to switch devices.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, afurman said:

Varies ship to ship what VPN would work.  I have seen all VPN blocked then a few months later it's open.  I can say Icon was the last ship that I had a VPN blocked and it was blocking Wireguard connections but openvpn type was working.  (those are VPN types and most of the VPN software uses either of those or both as options.)

I've used Surfshark successfully on many Royal ships without an issue. But on Odyssey currently, it is blocked. We're from Canada so can't watch our Amazon Prime shows. Fortunately I did download a few episodes before we left, and those will play. I can't switch from Wireguard since openvpn doesn't appear as an option. Maybe it's because I'm using a Mac.

An update to my previous post. Deleting and redownloading the Surfshark app allowed OpenVPN to appear as an option. Selecting that allowed Surfshark to finally connect. Hopefully OpenVPN continues to get around the blocking in future.