Atlas Arctic Expedition

We are looking at taking the Atlas Arctic trip that originates in Reykjavik on Aug.21 this summer . Even though it’s billed as an “expedition “ trip it doesn’t look like there is much available except the optional shore excursions . Would love to hear feedback from someone who has done one of the Arctic trips !!

Atlas markets three types of sailings: Polar Expeditions, Epicurean Expeditions and Cultural Expeditions. The "expedition" is the journey itself I think is what they are saying.

Sorry, I don't know what activities they might have on that sailing (which looks like a great itinerary; unique and interesting) beyond the purchased excursions. From our experience on an Antarctic expedition (and that met my expectations of an expedition) and a Adriatic / Mediterranean expedition (Culinary) they do strive to give pax interesting and entertaining things to see / do on shore.

Can't see the optional excursions you mentioned but if there is one in each port then I suspect that is all there will be offered for that port. Possibly an "expedition" activity could be hike on a glacier but as a pay-for excursion.

I would not expect them to haul out the cold weather gear (parkas, boot, life vests and such) for a one time zodiac ride unless that is part of the "expedition (like as is in Antarctica landings) .

Still sounds like a great trip. I hope someone who has been on that or similar Greenland itinerary chimes in with first-hand experience but this board is fairly quiet so thought I'd add a couple of thoughts.