cancelled excursion one month prior to event

Posted (edited)

I cancelled an excursion one month prior to the actual excursion.  I have not yet been refunded (to my credit card).  I'm currently on hold now and the representative says that I can't be refunded to the card, and that it will be in in my On Board Credit.  Well, I don't want money in my OBC.  I have the plus package and have booked and paid for everything I need.  What is going on?  I can't seem to find the currently policy.  Their FAQ page just runs me in circles.

Update: They said that since I only paid X amount months ago on my credit card (paid the balance with my original OBC from stock and a promtion), they said that I owe them money?  *****?  Seriously?  My three excursions that I currently have and want, were paid for in a combination of $300 OBC (as I said, stock and promotion), the remainder on my credit card.  Why would I owe them money?  These excursions were paid for in advance.

Edited by MudderBear

Posted (edited)

It should be refundable OBC.  You may just have to wait a month for the refund (assuming you don’t find a way to spend it on board).

Edited by BamaVol
  • Like 1

Yes,  It's been the "new way" or about a year now.  When you cancel any excursion - the first form of "refund" is any OBC you may have begun with.  So if you booked 3 excursions, and used up $100 OBC and then paid $200 cash, if you cancel one of them, you will get your OBC refunded to your account - not your cash.

OK, where can I find my cruise personalizer?  I honestly have been through the site for over 10 minutes looking.  Probably because I'm really annoyed right now.  Can someone please let me know where to find it.  Thank you so much....

Posted (edited)

I found the persoalizer, which I guess I've always been using, but the rep said that I can find all of my excursions that I booked, and when I booked them and most importantly, how I paid for them....but the only thing I see are two wait listed excursions.

As far as my OBC goes, it still says what it was a long time ago, but I hit those up to help pay for previous excursions.   Why can't I see an actual up to date OBC account.  We got two $100 credits a long time ago when we booked, and then $100 in OBC for our stock this past February.  

Aside from looking back into my credit card which will be easy to find, where the heck can I find when and how much I took out of my OBC to pay for excursions.  It's a mystery to me.

Total Onboard Credits $200.00 $100.00 $300.00
Shareholders Benefits* $100.00 $0.00 $100.00
Onboard Credit Promotion* $100.00 $100.00 $200.00
Edited by MudderBear