New menus in MDR? Is it easy to change specialty dining?

Happy Wednesday everyone.  We set sail on our very first B2B in June - we are sailing to Bermuda and back 2x.  As this is cruise #15/16 with Celebrity we have our favourite menu items and we planned specialty dining for both weeks around our least favourite nights in the MDR. 

I am not sure what made me check again last night, but not only are they different; there are new items on there I have never seen before and of course some missing ones.  The nights we were happy to skip MDR have now changed - should we leave our specialty dining as is and change the date/time on board or should I cancel and rebook pre-cruise?  I don't think I have ever changed a dinner rez so I don't want to make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Thank you in advance.

Melissa

The app showing the menu timing for June won't be accurate until you board so what you see now may not be the menu timing of that particlar night. If you really need to change an evening, best to do it on board.

• Like 1

Accurate menus for your cruise won't show up in the app until the last week before your cruise (and they can even change after that point).  What you are seeing right now is just placeholders often based on the current itinerary for your ship.  So it can be really hard to plan specialty dining this far out around meals you don't want to miss in the MDR.

15 hours ago, jabrown40 said:

Where do you find the menus for each night in the main dining room?  I have seen the sample menu, but not a nightly menu.

On the app, select dining, then select the MDR and below "Find on Deck" is a menu link.  At the bottom of that page are the Day 1,2,3... options.  I have found that this is pretty accurate as you get within a month or so of the sailing.  We have rarely seen the menu order change.  In this case, it seems some of the menus are almost completely new so they are definitely working on some changes (which we knew was coming).  I also find the app drops menus completely if you're too far out, or if the ship is changing itineraries.  But once your itinerary is in action the menus are fairly consistent.  One item I look for and make sure to be in the MDR for is the Jerk Chicken. It's delicious! 🥰

• Thanks 1

Thank you, I found it!  I love to have dinner at a specialty restaurant the first night to unwind, but it's fun to see the offerings.  My trip is a year out, so I'll watch for changes.  Thanks for the info on jerk chicken.

• Like 1