Trollstigen closed?

Does anyone know how I can find out if Trollstigen has opened?  My tour operator says as of today it is not open, and our excursion is in one week.  They have offered an alternative excursion, but I would not take the one they offered so I would have to cancel in the next 5 days to get my money back.

Is there any site I can check?

Since Trollstigen is in a high elevation it might be there is too much snow to open the road. Maybe this camping near Trollstigen can help you, try to contact them. 

https://www.trollstigen.no/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR2GwFv4r0reNDUDWr0biOEwc0nbNQcrBVIQcM1aiJHpK6xC9JU3tChOC7U_aem_AUTt4GDgWiTTfdfSx0zfAbm3uWtIyWpZBsRskNT6jjyLj-h57nSQE-w5_m4bp_kyA4p7TzOnrP5I-Snct04uLFbC

Posted (edited)

It is always a gamble taking cruises to Norway in May as trips to mountainous areas may be cancelled due to snow.  My parents visited second week of May many years ago and suffered the same issue,

Many attractions close down in winter and they can't reopen until staff can get to them.  This can't happen if roads are blocked with snow as Norway only clears important routes over the winter period.

Edited by Thejuggler
  • Like 1

You can always check official and updated info on the webpage of the The Norwegian Public Roads Administration:
https://www.vegvesen.no/trafikk/kart#/?lat=62.45366&lng=7.66343&zoom=11&layer=fer,tra,ctv,tfl
(Click on the "road closed" signs in the map to get updated estimates for the end date for the closure) It might certainly open before the current estimate of May 31st if the weather warms up, but next week is extremely unlikely (as in very close to zero percent probability).Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

On 5/3/2024 at 7:44 PM, Sucellos said:

You can always check official and updated info on the webpage of the The Norwegian Public Roads Administration:
https://www.vegvesen.no/trafikk/kart#/?lat=62.45366&lng=7.66343&zoom=11&layer=fer,tra,ctv,tfl
(Click on the "road closed" signs in the map to get updated estimates for the end date for the closure) It might certainly open before the current estimate of May 31st if the weather warms up, but next week is extremely unlikely (as in very close to zero percent probability).Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

I appreciate your response. I don't think the tour operator wants to say no because they would rather I commit to the alternative. Since I do not like the alternative, I would rather know the truth!!