Any luck getting a cabin on a sold out cruise after being waitlisted? (Carnival)

Hello!! I was wondering if anyone has any experience getting a cabin on a sold out cruise after being placed on the waitlist? I was hoping to sail on the Carnival Mardi Gras May 25th, but as of Monday was told it was sold out. I paid the deposit to get on the waitlist and I’m just wondering if I’ll have any luck!

Thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, BoyMom_05 said:

Hello!! I was wondering if anyone has any experience getting a cabin on a sold out cruise after being placed on the waitlist? I was hoping to sail on the Carnival Mardi Gras May 25th, but as of Monday was told it was sold out. I paid the deposit to get on the waitlist and I’m just wondering if I’ll have any luck!

Thanks in advance!

I’ve been waitlisted before and never heard back. However I also reached out to my PVP concerning the same cruise and he was able to find me a cabin pretty quickly. I suggest you contact your PVP to see if they can help you. If you don’t have one, I highly recommend requesting one from Carnival. 

• Like 1

Thank you! I’ve been in contact with my PVP since Monday, but nothing has come available yet. How long ago was it that you were able to get a cabin?

It's worth trying some of the larger online travel agencies (especially the ones that specialize in cruises) to see if they have any cabins.  If I am not mistaken, they take blocks of cabins that Carnival can't sell you.

9 hours ago, staceyglow said:

It's worth trying some of the larger online travel agencies (especially the ones that specialize in cruises) to see if they have any cabins.  If I am not mistaken, they take blocks of cabins that Carnival can't sell you.

I suspect unsold cabins from agency blocks revert back to the cruiseline 90-120 days before sailing so they can be sold. 

9 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I’ve tried different travel agencies/ websites as well & everything is showing sold out 😩 hopefully I hear some good news from carnival within the next few days! 

• Like 1

I think you need to be proactive, checking the website multiple times a day.  I do t think your PVP has a beeper to tell him when a cabin pops up.  Nor do I think the computers have an interface matching waitlists with cabins.  If one pops up on the website, chances are someone like you will see it first and snap it up.  EM

5 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I think you need to be proactive, checking the website multiple times a day.  I do t think your PVP has a beeper to tell him when a cabin pops up.  Nor do I think the computers have an interface matching waitlists with cabins.  If one pops up on the website, chances are someone like you will see it first and snap it up.  EM

Thank you! I’ve been checking the website to see if it pops back up because once it sold out they took it off the website. I’ve also been calling my PVP daily for updates. 

6 minutes ago, BoyMom_05 said:

Thank you! I’ve been checking the website to see if it pops back up because once it sold out they took it off the website. I’ve also been calling my PVP daily for updates. 

I think you're going to have to be really diligent in checking multiple times per day for a cancelation. As others have said, I wouldn't wait for someone to notify you.

I would think there would be cancelation between now and sail date. Best of luck to you!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I think you're going to have to be really diligent in checking multiple times per day for a cancelation. As others have said, I wouldn't wait for someone to notify you.

I would think there would be cancelation between now and sail date. Best of luck to you!

Thank you so much! I’ve noticed most of the sold out cruises that don’t show up throughout the day pop back up late at night/ early in the morning. Just waiting to see the one I’m trying to book!

• Like 1

When we got cancelled off last thanksgiving from the Panorama I got on the waitlist for 3 rooms on the Mari Gras Paid the deposit and never heard back from them, but I called the 800 number and spoke to random people over the next few days and was able to book all 3 rooms at different times I called (one at a time). Don't wait on them or your PVP, call Carnival directly, the rooms pop up randomly and go quickly and no one but you will watch it in time. Check the website, you probably won't be able to actually book it it will say you have to call when it shows up, so call them right away. I did get my deposits back from the waitlist after a few weeks of sailing as they won't use that for your bookings, so for a few week we had money out to them, but it all worked out and it was a holiday sailing. It just takes persistence on your end and good luck

• Like 2