Can you cancel a "CFAR" policy?

Hello.

I always have travel insurance.  My need for travel insurance has changed so I need to understand the new policy choices/process.

I booked a cruise for summer 2025 (well over a year from now).  I understand to purchase insurance that includes Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) and pre-existing condition coverage, I need to purchase the policy soon after deposit is made.

Let's say I did that.  I booked a cruise for over 1 year before sailing and I purchased an insurance policy with CFAR and pre-existing coverage.

If the cruise price DROPS prior to final payment I have always been able to have my travel agent provide me the current/lower price.  Sometimes this is technically a cancel and rebook as I receive a new/updated booking number.

Questions:

If I reprice my cruise to get a lower price does this invalidate my insurance I purchased at the time to booking?

If I cancel my cruise prior to final payment and get a full refund of my cruise price, can I also cancel my insurance policy?  Technically I didn't use it.

Thanks for your input. 

46 minutes ago, coldweather said:

Hello.

I always have travel insurance.  My need for travel insurance has changed so I need to understand the new policy choices/process.

I booked a cruise for summer 2025 (well over a year from now).  I understand to purchase insurance that includes Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) and pre-existing condition coverage, I need to purchase the policy soon after deposit is made.

Let's say I did that.  I booked a cruise for over 1 year before sailing and I purchased an insurance policy with CFAR and pre-existing coverage.

If the cruise price DROPS prior to final payment I have always been able to have my travel agent provide me the current/lower price.  Sometimes this is technically a cancel and rebook as I receive a new/updated booking number.

Questions:

If I reprice my cruise to get a lower price does this invalidate my insurance I purchased at the time to booking?

If I cancel my cruise prior to final payment and get a full refund of my cruise price, can I also cancel my insurance policy?  Technically I didn't use it.

Thanks for your input. 

Hi coldweather,

Do you live in the USA?

Steve Dasseos