Uniworld SS Victoria cancellations

Farang

I see on the Uniworld Facebook site that the Uniworld SS Victoria recently had a sailing canceled. Does anyone know anything about this? 

• Thanks 1

I read in Feefo reviews that the River Princess had a motor stop working partway through a cruise and the FB comments were from at least one person that had a RP cancellation. 

I read one review of the SS Victoria saying there were mechanical issues with their room but 2 straight weeks of cancellations (April 21 and 28 sailings?) does not bode well.

Surprised to read that. I spotted the S.S. Victoria on the Rhine, she was sailing alright and is now in Basel. I could not see many people on the sun deck but then it was a cool day and they may have been busy in the lounge or something. It was not in the Rhine Gorge. She is now in Basel.

notamermaid

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, notamermaid said:

Surprised to read that. I spotted the S.S. Victoria on the Rhine, she was sailing alright and is now in Basel. I could not see many people on the sun deck but then it was a cool day and they may have been busy in the lounge or something. It was not in the Rhine Gorge. She is now in Basel.

notamermaid

8 hours ago, Izengolf said:

I read in Feefo reviews that the River Princess had a motor stop working partway through a cruise and the FB comments were from at least one person that had a RP cancellation. 

I read one review of the SS Victoria saying there were mechanical issues with their room but 2 straight weeks of cancellations (April 21 and 28 sailings?) does not bode well.

I,too, saw the Feefo review about cancellations so I used Cruise News tracking to follow the SS Victoria last week.  It appeared to not be on the published itinerary route or schedule (repairs?), but did eventually make its way to Basel.  I hope they have it figured out and also hope those that were scheduled for the past few itineraries did not end up on the River Queen, which really needs a top -to-bottom re-do. We were on the River Queen in 2022 and it was so bad we switched to AMA after 6 consecutive Uniworld cruises

• Thanks 2